Compatibility with previous Windows versions no longer maintained

Give some examples of the devices you have that won’t run under Win 10. I run a load of old gear, including firewire devices that supposedly doesn’t work in Win 10 and they run fine - there’s a difference between ‘supported’ and ‘works’. You won’t get -ANY- support for majority of Win 7 connected apps/hardware now*, so there’s no difference running unsupported hardware on Win 10 vs unsupported OS.

(*Most support channels will tell you to update to latest versions to allow them to support you.)

For me, I find the opposite in that devices i have are not supported or updated for Win 7 anymore so they no longer received fixes and/or additional features to work in conjunction with new software or hardware that i own - so being on Win 10 is by far the better option.

If i ever found myself in a position where i was cornered with the hardware i was using i’d make it a priority to shift it while it still had value and upgrade - or else the day will come where you’re forced to make the move and you’ll be super un-prepared for it, the longer it’s left the harder it becomes too - as the initial legacy support/fixes that exist for Win 10 for older hardware may exist today, but the files go down in 12 months time as demand drops.