Compatibility with previous Windows versions no longer maintained

Same here. Waited a long time for trying out W10 but now after upgrading from W7 I can say that W10 to me is more stable and runs finer with realtime audio and Cubase10 and also somewhat less CPU consumption compared to W7 wioth the same projects (I still have my W7 SSD).
Hardly any problems after the upgrade from W7-Home to W10-PRO.
I still use my older FW Yamaha N12 as Audiointerface, it still works great without having to install a newer/any FW driver.
Everything was present after the upgrade and working just fine. Also with my 2 graphic cards and 3 monitors.
I also did not want to do a fresh W10 install becasue of the loads of software, plugins, authorisations, presets etc… way too much work and time consuming.
After the W10 installation I installed the freeware Winaero Tweaker which is a super handy tool for preventing W10 from updating itself and your drivers. Also the classic shell which gives me the W7 looks which I like much more.
Every time there is a W10 update I first read what it contains, make a full back up of my C-drive(which is super easy and fast so I do this weekly)
and then I install the update and check how stable Cubase works. Is there a problem I go back to my previous backup which is even faster done and then I wait till there is a new fix. This was the case with the 1903 update.
I am glad I upgraded to W10 !

What I still hate the most in WIndows is if you need a new computer that one cannot simply mount your excisting C-SSD in the new computer and proceed working.