10.2 Release Date?

ARA update was at the end of June.
Video Export schedule was announced for the July update, i guess also by (around) the end of July so iam not to worry about this little delay, maybe it will come next week, at the moment itā€™s only two open day ā€œlateā€ with July.

Hello all,

unfortunately because of some issues found during the beta-testing of Nuendo 10.2 we had to postpone the release of this version until the end of August.

I apologise for the lack of communication but being summer in Germany, some of us (myself included) were out of the office for the last couple of weeks and are just starting to get back into the office. If any new delay is necessary I will let you know immediately.

All the best,

Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update! And stop taking vacations when there are bugs to fix! :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 :slight_smile:

Hmmā€¦

Nobodyā€™s perfect, patience, just let the devs do their job )

Kudos to Germany for allowing people some vacation. Large parts of the world should take note.

Hope you guys had a good vacation. No worries, in the meantime, Iā€™ll still be using ER Media Toolkit.

Bad news for me I started my trial long ago hoping to check the video rendring on July. Now I cantā€¦

Has your trial period expired? Isnā€™t it 720 hours?

Thatā€™s a good point. It highlights why the original method of timing the trial period was better than the current method which counts down even when the trial version is not even being used.

Under the old method you would have been able to save some trial days so that you could test what you wanted to, when you wanted to.

Very true.
I started the trial knowing I will be able to check the most important feature for me, the video rendering. Im waiting for this feature for years.
In this trial period, I opened the Nuendo 10, maybe 5-6 times. I still rather work on my 8.3 with no bugs on my templates and colors.
The 10 is a big jump and I need to do lots of adjustments and I have some learning curve.
So, it was an idea to have the 10.2 checked after last features to come plus, bug fixes.

Chris is right. ā€œback in the dayā€ 720 hours were 720 hours. Now I cant relay on the trail time. 720 hours in theory and 8 hours for real.
(during most of the trail time, we sleep, eat, and do other stuff)
this is silly cause I a Nuendo user since N3, I will update to 10 anyway, but I never go without feeling safe with the trail first.

Here in Finland pretty much everyone takes July off work.

No one would ever schedule a release date for when everyone is on holiday :laughing:

Everyone deserves a vacation of course, nothing wrong with that. And you can also make post about it on the forums. ā€œDear beta-tesā€¦erā€¦users of N10, due to the summer holidays we will be even less responsive than normal for the next couple of weeks!ā€ This landmark release should have been the greatest release in a long time. Well, I am fully back to N8 (also far from perfect) and uninstalled N10.

Doesnā€™t matter to me now. As much as Iā€™d like Video Export, Iā€™m not willing to give up Transparent Mode to get it. So Iā€™m staying with N10.0.20. :angry:

Hi there,

unfortunately a show stopper issue discovered during Beta testing is forcing us to delay the release of N10.2 in one more week. We are now aiming to release this update (with video export functionality) on the first September week.

Iā€™m sorry for any inconveniences caused.

All the best,

Thanks for the update Luis but what are we going to do about our Trial versions of N10 that are expiring in the next few days? - When we started the trial versions we were expecting to be able to include testing N10.2 as it was promised for the first week of July!

Sorry. But i need a new trial time after the 10.2