Add the ability to assign to a single controller, multiple parameters.

This FR has nothing to do with EDM, it’s just a good feature request that unfortunately has been requested for years and years. Can you change the title to be the FR instead of the silly thing it says now?

Done

True but there is 1 more missing piece of the puzzle: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111740 (Having MIDI insert fx in cubase)

(A workaround exists but is ridiculous: Routing midi to a vst instrument, then routing that vst instrument to another vst instrument track. Repeated as many times as how many MIDI-fx plugins you need; so for example Midi Keyboard input to Cthulhu VST instrument to Captain Chord VST instrument to final synth VST instrument for example… it’s super stupid. Steinberg should copy Logic as soon as possible (logic has perfect midi insert slots on all tracks))

xD

Can I resurrect this thread to get more people on board this time, which will hopefully make Steinberg listen? Obviously now we know Cubase 10 doesn’t have this, but they don’t seem to include it in the plan for 10.5 either.

1 Like

I too would like to resurrect this

+1

+1

Every other major DAW can do this now…

Yeah, missing it a lot now.

I found there to be 4 workarounds to this.

1st is setting up a generic remote to send the same midi message from the same controller to different parameters.

2nd is Bluecat Audio’s Patchwork which is like an effects rack (opened as an effects track in cubase since it’s a vst plugin) where you can make your FX chain and assign a single incoming midi message to different parameters. Blue Cat's PatchWork - Fully Configurable Plug-Ins Chainer and Multi FX / Standalone Host or Plug-In

3rd is IL’s free Minihost modular using virtual midi cables. A slightly longer way but still works. Longer only because it comes as a standalone and not as a vst, which means virtual midi cables will be needed to send midi from one standalone to the other (Cubase). If this was a Vst, it would have exactly been like Bluecat’s Patchwork. Minihost Modular

The 4th option is a touchscreen controller for android/ios called Liine Lemur. The way you can make knobs and fader with this is a whole different world. You can make 3 knobs go up and 4 faders to come down. At different speeds! All with one knob. And this one knob you are rotating can be linked to another knob that is linked to 5 more knobs. So yo get the idea of how modular it is. Just requires basic ‘if this then that’ scripting knowledge for a simple thing like the topic at hand. Liine

1st and the 3rd don’t involve spending :wink:.

Personally, I found Bluecat’s Patchwork to be very handy. SInce one can build up their FX racks and store them for later use. Opens as a vst. Doesnt require one more standalone like the 3rd option. Doesnt require and addition device like the 4th option. And I remember generic remote sometimes used to stop working and found others also facing the same issues at times. So just stuck with Bluecat Patchwork till Steinberg does something about it. We need an FX rack (container) in which different parameters of all the plugins can be mapped to a macro knob inside the container. Just like it is in Ableton. Let me know if anyone needs help setting up any of the above.

Cheers!

Please Steinberg, do something about this. Only quick controls are just not cutting it for music production. Its enough for a purely song mixing job as mixing engineers. Most music making softwares were done a long time ago taking care of this. Let’s not get into how DAW’s are different from Ableton. Because while comparing, one might ask, what should obviously be there in all of them? And this feature is one of those. We need this to sculpt better transitions in an efficient way. And for all other musical adventures we seek :slight_smile:

+1

+1

Cubase is so behind the curve in this regard.

We need multi assignable macros & a range of modulation tools (LFOs with uni/bipolar toggles and user defined shapes & syncable loop points, envelope modulators & step modulators) that can be mapped to any parameter within the DAW or insert slots.

This seems like it would be ridiculously easy to implement, even if these mod sources could only be assigned to modulate quick controls, it’d be a start.

The MIDI inserts are rubbish, clunky to set up & route. This needs to be in Cubase 11 for me to update. It is now long overdue.

1 Like

+1000000000000000

Can we see this please :smiley:

1 Like

So overdue ! Can’t wait to see it in 11.5

+1

Please make this happen for the love of crumbcake

1 Like

Huge vote for this!
This video (from 9:29) also politely requested this feature very clearly and practical: Cubase Quick Controls - Speed Up Your Workflow! - YouTube

+1 (again) to keep this request active!

+A
That’s what i am looking for…

Bumping this up again. Such a huge quality of life improvement, especially when automating similar curves on multiple VSTs

No multi mono plugin capability means we at least need a way to control 2 plugin parameters on the same channel with one controller. Please incorporate this request!!!

Yes cubase definitely miss this, like not just assign multiple parameters to one macro but also the amount of modulation, positive or negative side and remap curve for each parameter (like in kilohearts ecosystem for example). It should need a separate window/section for that.

Up
Please Steinberg take care of this request :disappointed_relieved: