Feature Requests - Cubasis

1. People need keyboard shortcuts! I see that since 2012, people have been asking about support for “keyboard shortcut” (Magic or Smart Keyboard by Apple or any BT Keyboard). 7 years Steinberg can not add keyboard support? Are you serious?
  2. People need markers!
  3. People need group channel!
    Give people what they want! Make their work easier! Make them happy!

Need to have a better save feature get rid of that snapshot, needs have features like Save Duplicate and Copy. Another thing is the events are sensitive when you zoom out because when you tap or double tap on the events lot of times they will move either to the right or to the left then you got to zoom in and correct the problem. How about a drum sequencer I just don’t like the drum notes being in the piano roll editor sometimes when your moving the notes or add some drum notes and then when you play back and listen to those notes there off time. How about a track lock and a unlock feature and a select all feature for the events in the mail view.

Adding folders to group projects & mixdowns sounds like a great idea, I name my projects by the date I do them ie:AUG 19 001 JUL 19 002 and so on…(until I name them) . that way I know when it was created, & how many projects i do in that specific month… then after a month I save all projects to my PC via Dropbox…

so grouping them into folders will be very useful for me.

it will make things easier to manage.

thanks guys.

Full screen notes with option to scroll with varying speed would be great for song writing and singing.

I’m a new user to both Cubase and Cubasis so my questions may have been answered somewhere else in the forum.

Is there a Cubasis software design summary document available for Cubasis user reference that identifies waves, kits, effects, etc that are essentially the same as Cubase waves, kits, effects, etc, though possibly named differently and presented in different plug-ins within Cubasis?

As a feature request, can a Cubasis filter be created to present the Cubasis user with only Cubase ‘friendly’ waves, kits, effects, etc so Cubasis tracks and projects may be created, edited, then ultimately uploaded into Cubase with minimal alteration by Cubase upon import?

Finally, is there a Cubasis plug-in popularity rank list so I can select and purchase an initial set of plug-ins to begin my Cubasis ‘experience’?

Thanks!

+1

Not sure if this has been addressed/asked for, but when opening an existing project in Cubasis, there are always one or more tracks with record mode activated. When the tracks are collapsed a bit, not showing that other tracks are record-activated, I sometimes inadvertently record over those tracks when recording a new track. My least favorite Cubasis behavior…

here’s a few I’d like…

time line stops at end of song, maybe if R marker is set at end…
spectrum in EQ…
Remove brickwall in main output so that you can add another effect…
constant update of level meter on mixer, maybe Red peak at 0db…
possible change colour of meters to Yellow with Red peak?..

and on exit of an edited project the option to save, save as, discard.

Markers Plz

Hello there team Cubasis. Don’t know if this has been requested.
Would be nice to have a fixed Master Channel.So the other channels in the mixer move not the master.
That would be convenient if you have lots of track and you want to track the master channel to see if it’s clipping or want to add effects etc.

Too add one more thing to my feature request…

Please add more fx inserts than just the current 3 on the master channel! I can almost finish a few tracks directly on my ipad.

Virtual tracks like in cubase, being able to loop record vocals over and over on the same track.
The ipad is great of vocal recording I think, but find cubasis a bit limited here or there is something I am not aware of.

More quantize options: percentage quantization, humanization, n-tuplets …

… just a reminder, though. Cubas-is is not Cubase, but then, there are probably other IOS DAWs out there that do all this stuff.

A few UX improvements:
a) Allow me to select a clip and then set the loop region to its extents.
b) Allow me to put the loop locator L-R handles into the current view if they are not already
c) Prevent clips from moving when I am trying to double tap to open them
d) when editing MIDI notes in a clip, allow constraining time or note NOT to change. When I want to drag a note up or down to change the note then all of a sudden it gets moved in time. If I want to move a note in time then often it winds up changing pitch as well. NOTE: I use Apple Pencil

Few more:
e) The loop locator handles should just snap to 1/4 notes or have a separate snap setting. Having them follow the same snap you use in clip editing makes no sense.
f) A few times I have managed to create an empty MIDI clip that I couldn’t delete until I put something in it.
g) Allow the pencil to “draw” velocity while you are in select mode moving MIDI notes around. Having to flip back to draw to update velocity is a hassle and there’s no sense of “selecting” a velocity anyway. I do see it is possible to select a note and then drag up and down in the velocity pane to adjust selected events’ velocity like a slider. I’ll have to think about that and maybe even try it!

Any chance for an iPhone version? I’ve been spending more and more time using it (e.g. Xequence 2, iSymphonic, Gadget, Module) and am really, really missing my favorite DAW.

This last update was very nice. Thank you. The poll has almost all the additional features I’d love to see. The only addition I’d like to see is 6/8-11/8 time signatures rather than just 6/8. Dance music in 11/8 is pretty cool sounding.

Interesting! Where can I hear some of that!? :astonished:

Could you name some artistes, please?