Public Beta program

I have +1’d this before, I couldn’t find my post so it was probably in the old forum at this point. But yeah, years ago they did just this. There was the “stable” version, and then the public beta version that you could optionally run if you wanted. I think there was a forum/channel dedicated to that, and it was run quite a bit more strictly than the general forum. That was needed in order to keep the comments and answers and general thread progress usable.

There was one dedicated Cubase dev who was highly active in that forum. If you found an issue, you could report it there and often within a small handful of days (or less) there would be an actual real back-and-forth with the dev, and very often the suggestions or fixes were added to the beta version, and often in the same week. A significant number of these issues were getting fixed regularly and quickly, and being able to witness and at times take part in the debugging and proposed fix discussions was a very positive experience. Not to mention that there was a regular stream of small but not insignificant fixes and occasional improvements.