Copy and paste FX behaviour

Hi,

I really like the new copy and paste FX options, but noticed a couple of things

1. When I copy and paste an effect it overwrites the existing effect. My preference would be for it to append the pasted effect rather than delete & replace the existing effect.

2. When using “paste FX to selected clip” it does append the new effect, which is great, but it pastes the new effect with the default effect settings rather than the ones I copied. Can anyone else duplicate this strange behavior?

Thanks,

Steven.

1. This has tricked me a few times. My initial thought was that pasting a copied effect would add it to the end of the chain, and not just overwrite the current effect.

2). I just tested with a few plugins (Waves, FabFilter, UAD) and both the plugin and all the settings are copied/pasted.
I’m using OS X and 8.5.30

I get the same thing. “Paste fx to selected clips” loses settings. Copy/Paste “generally” works ok.

I get quite a bit of unexpected behavior using this function in general, depending on how it’s done, and the overwrite is always going to be unexpected IMO. It makes more sense to me to have to remove a plugin before overwriting it, or drag in list afterwards.

Also if I “paste fx to selected clips”, and the clip(s) have no plugins already, nothing seems to happen. I have to toggle to another clip and back to see the new plugin(s). I’ve also gotten this unexpectedly when “pasting fx to selected clips” that already have plugins, but it depends on what’s selected and I’m still not sure what condition causes what. I find all of this not very intuitive, and quite confusing compared to some other programs. And ctrl-c and ctrl-v can not be used reliably (only if overwriting?), which is a big disadvantage IMO.

Windows 7 Wavelab 8.5.30 -64

Hi Bob,

yes, well said. It seems to be the “paste to selected clips” that’s the problem- doesn’t seem to work. The overwriting is really problematic for me. The only way to reliable paste to a single clip with existing plug-ins is to create an empty slot first, which is an extra unnecessary step.