Missing MIDI output after Instrument track disabled/enabled

Hi,

Yes, this has not been fixed.

The issue is present only if you use multiple instances of one VSTi in the project. So for example if you use HALion 6 two-times in the project. If only one instance of the VSTi is present, then it works as expected.

This is a great problem. I think it happens because it changes the ID of the VSTi so when you enable the instrument again, as it doesn’t have the same ID than before, the MIDI track is unable to find it.

Which is something that should have been fixed by now, as this problems happens since I have CUBASE (version 9) at least.

However, here we are with the same problem and may it be present for many many years from now :frowning:

Same issue still with 10.5… This makes disable/enable track functionality useless if you have to manually redo all the midi outputs.

Hi,

Yes, it has not been fixed for Cubase 10.5 (hopefully yet).

Has this bug been reported officially?

Yes

Hi guys. Any new yet? 'cause I ran into this issue right now and we’re 2020. Cubase 9.5 Thx

Ow, problably not. Last post is Jan 07 2020 :slight_smile:

And here I just reposted this…my bad not to look first. I’m moving to a template all within Cubase and suppose I shall be reassigning a lot of tracks this year…Steinberg please please fix! :slight_smile:

As I told you in the other thread:

It’s not random, it depends on the order they are enabled. It happens because Cubase change the ID of the plugin whenever is disconnected. So if you have VST 1. Kontakt, 2. Sine Player, 3. Labs; disable all three and then you enable first Sine, then Kontakt and finally Labs, you will get the order 1. Sine Player, 2. Kontakt and 3. Labs and your MIDI tracks connected to Kontakt and Sine Player will be “missing”, whereas the ones connected with Labs will work as intended. At least, this is what I think it happens (I may be wrong).

In practice, this problem renders the whole enable/disable thing almost useless. And this happens since they invented it… They know, but they don’t solve it (I guess they would have to change all the VST ID thing, which would be A LOT OF work).

I’ve just built a template in this way, hoping to de-activate the instruments to save RAM and loading times, but now I’m getting the same problem… when trying to re-activate the Kontakt instruments, the midi tracks are either disconnected, or arguably worse, routed to the wrong Kontakt. Please fix it Steinberg! My brain can’t handle playing piano out the clarinet track!

I was just back and forth with Cubase support about this and they told me it’s working as intended and they’d pass on my “feature request”. Really hoping that the guy I talked to was mistaken and they’re going to fix this as this issue makes it impractical to disable tracks in my template.

Unfortunately I don’t think this falls into feature request territory, since it persists in cubase 10 and 10.5
I doubt Steinberg had this type of “composer’s” workflow in mind when developing this feature.
Hopefully it can be fixed/added, would be super useful!

Hi,

I agree, this is not feature request, this is a bug.

Did C11 solve it?

Hi,

Unfortunately I can still reproduce it here with Cubase 11.

Really really hope this will be fixed. :slight_smile:
To me to, with big orchestral templates, the enable/disable function become useless.
Pretty please… :pleading_face:

Would be difficult to implement unique ID number for vsti?

1 Like

Still happening in C11

2 Likes

:pleading_face: those are my most cute eyes: pretty pleeeeaaaaase! :hugs:
That’d be a very very useful thing to fix.
Probably it would be “just” about giving a unique and permanent VST ID number within a cubase session instead of having the ID changing on activation order.

1 Like

Hi Oggfish (hopefully you are still around here),
Can you please advise what you mean by ‘manually redo all the midi outputs’ please?
This bug happened to me and I had to start from scratch with a new instrument and create a new MIDI track. Is there a quicker way to achieve that please?