Cubase 8.0.20 crashing upon opening project

Hi,
one project that I have keeps crashing when trying to open it. The session has worked many times before but randomly decided to start crashing upon opening. after troubleshooting I’ve narrowed it down to one third party kontakt library. When I removed those sample from their location the project loaded. The library loads fine in new sessions, it just won’t load at the start of this particular project. I’ve had this issue before and it concerns me because at any time cubase can decide that it doesn’t want to open your project and crash due to ONE plugin or library, rendering it useless. Does anyone have any ideas of how to combat this issue?
thanks

I wrestled with same issue, I reverted to 8.10, and clicked on override buffer in kontakt instrument settings increased to 256 Kbs and presto, my project with heavy kontakt libraries opened and worked better, Cubase stopped crashing on opening projects.

thanks I’ll look into that. What worries me about all of this is that all it take is one plugin or one instrument to completely hijack your project. I wish cubase could some how notice if there is a problem and then skip that plugin if necessary, but instead we just get crashes.