The new 'offer' is a joke right?

Hello,

maybe you could have offered existing customers a 50% voucher for any Steinberg plugin or extension/sound.

I personally own all Steinberg plug-ins, but maybe one or the other would like to switch to Groove Agent 5 Pro or HalionSonic Pro.

That’s what we are doing:

Celebrate Cubase’s 30th anniversary with us and the Cubase family by saving 50% on Cubase 10*. Are you already using Cubase? Sign up for the newsletter in MySteinberg and check your emails for additional discounts on many other Steinberg products.

Thank you,

I just got an e-mail. 30% on HALion 6. That’s exactly how I imagined it. :wink:

Matthias

I’ve had EVERY version of cubase since version 1 on the atari and pro24 before that - I have licences for cubase 10, wavelab 9.5 (x2), nuendo 10 plus other SB software. I must have spent many many, many thousands (tens of thousands) on cubase, wavelab and nuendo over the previous 30 years.

I’d like to celebrate with Steinberg too - I feel I have PAID for the right to do that much more than “new” customers - how are you suggesting I do this ?

Does this discount price include CURRENT owners who wish to grab another license?

I am not sure what you are expecting? You already own our software. There were sales earlier this year for HALion, Dorico, Nuendo and some instrument sets. There will be weekly deals on some products during May and there will be way more sales promotions throughout the whole year.

Of course it does.

I suggest you buy a Cubase License it is 50% off - also for you…
Or simply wait, till there is a useful promo coming for you…

Never assume, I did that with ARA2 :cry:

not expecting anything specifically - but it’s a pretty c-rappy and cynical thing to do tell very long term users to “celibrate” and offer new users a massive discount on cubase…ffs you can now get a new licence for cubase and immediately upgrade to nuendo (total £591) for about the price I paid for the update - makes your nuendo licence price look a bit silly IMO

hardy a reason for me to celebrate !! you’ve just devalued all my software - some of which I purchased this year…in fact I’ve done about £800 in cubase/nuendo this year alone.

and yes you could have given existing users some free stuff - other software companies do it all the time - I’ve had hundreds of dollars in plugin alliance vouchers over the last year or so.

shame on you - do the discount but don’t wrap it up as a “celebration”

I don´t assume.

A monthly subscription for ProTools is 29€, does it qualify to get the crossgrade offer?

It is just the Anniversary event that angers. Its a milestone for old users.
You have done offers like this many times, for old or for new users, for upgrades, for anything.
But this goes with a special event that should honor the old customers who supported the company for years…

I feel very disappointed because I Just upgraded to Artist 10. Steinberg got my money. Then for the Sales their nothing for upgrades. Only for first time buyers.

My thoughts exactly. Some of the upgrading options are even more expensive than buying Cubase Pro 10 fresh! :open_mouth:
I’ve been with Cubase Pro 8 ever since it came out, and there’s no 30yr anniversary discount for the update so I’ll have to pass…

Can you let us know the code, i’d like to update to halion 6…

Well, its good they’re offering new customers 50% off, wish I got that when I bought it many years ago.

I will be looking out for the upgrade sale, but if you are celebrating, you should be offering some freebies for the current customers, something meaningful, not a sample pack, maybe the full version of Groove Agent or another instrument, or maybe even an upgrade? Let’s celebrate together!

I’ve been using versions of Cubase for almost 30 years. I celebrate having been able to do that.

I realize they need to attract new customers, and that there will be other offers coming down the line.

I also have Absolute and Wavelab. Not sure what they could offer really for long time users.

Maybe toss some of those Yamaha vst fx my way - hint, hint. :wink:

i think its weird like they want me to buy new Cubase or get someone else to instead of upgrade mine

i already have halion from absolute

for me i just wish for fm module in halion

Lets celebrate the anniversary… but dont have any of the celebration cake if you are a loyal Cubase user. New customer$ only.And an upgrade isnt being expected free of charge. We are still expecting to pay for that. Just looking for a bit of a break on the price to upgrade.I understand that that sale is still to come sometime,eventually.Strange way to treat friends imho.