How to add Metadata to a Montage

With the workflow I mentioned, you should never have to use the audio file editor section, everything is done in the montage.

You assemble the files how you want them arranged in the montage, including the track spacing. In WaveLab Pro, this is where you would add the track markers but it’s my understanding that WaveLab Elements doesn’t do CD track markers, and they are just based off of the clip lengths.

Anyway, this is now a good time to add the CD-Text info which can be album title, track titles, album artist, track artist (if different than album artist), songwriter, composer, arranger, message, disc ID, ISRC, and UPC.

From here you can burn a CD, or render a DDP if using WaveLab Pro.

Then you can also render WAV and/or mp3 files of each CD Track from the montage and if the metadata preset is loaded in the montage as I mentioned before, the files will contain metadata that is transposed from CD-Text and other info in the montage. No extra work has to be done.

If I have time later today I can see if there are any major limitations here in WaveLab Elements but in WaveLab Pro it is amazing, and something I do many times per day and a big part of why I use WaveLab.