Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

I run both Cubase and Nuendo latest version and yes you can switch between the two. I haven’t come across any major issues yet opening a Cubase 10 project in Nuendo 8. What I would like to see in Nuendo 10 is the mute button on the VCA that’s in Cubase 10. Its currently permanently greyed out in Nuendo. I also prefer the way you assign a channel to a VCA in Nuendo 8.

Ok I am officially in, ha.

Thanks Luis for the comprehensive answer, it’s really appreciated!

As mentioned, your phrasing seems to suggest that this a potentially special pricing for just Nuendo 10, and that the price of Nuendo from version 11 onwards may revert to what it has been in the past. I understand that nothing is set in stone with this and you need to be careful with how you word things, but it would be good to know if this pricing should be considered a temporary thing. For me, the more expensive upgrade path from Nuendo 10 to 11+ is a serious consideration. If upgrades are likely to revert to what they have been in the past after Nuendo 10, I’ll have to think about whether or not it’s the best thing for me long term. Again, I understand that there are no promises, but it would be nice to know if at least there is a general intention one way or another. This is mostly an issue for me because of the need to surrender my Cubase license when I crossgrade, and the inability to crossgrade from Nuendo to Cubase once I’ve made the switch.

Thanks!

Hello guys,

Please don’t analyse every word we say with a magnifier glass. We are not native speakers here and trying to convey so much information in one post is not easy.

What I wanted to say was that the new price for Nuendo 10 is not an introduction offer or an extension of the current N8 sale, but that it is the definite price for the whole period Nuendo 10 is available.

I’m not saying that we will raise the price back up for Nuendo 11 (nor am I saying that it will stay the same, nor that we will reduce it again). We haven’t even released Nuendo 10 yet to already be making assumptions about future versions. Right now we are only focused on this release. We have many things planned that we hope you guys will appreciate and enjoy and one of them is the new price structure.

That’s all I’m going to say about pricing, though I’ll be happy to chime in if there are questions about new features and future development.

All the best,

Fair enough, sounds good! Your English is really good BTW, so it’s easy to forget you’re not native speakers. Thanks for keeping us posted, even though we might get too enthusiastic in trying to interpret what you post – we are after all just very interested in understanding the big release and any changes you might be making. :smiley:

After all, Nuendo 10 is “going to change our lives”, right? :wink: (<— intended to be a humorous reference to your Nuendo 10 teaser video intro)

All kidding aside, your efforts at better and more open communications are definitely noted and appreciated by many.

Yes, and yes! The new price structure is also much appreciated.

Speaking of new features and future development, any chance you have some video footage of the GDC presentation? Surely someone had an iPhone handy…

Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?

I thought I read somewhere that any educational license will be upgraded to the commercial license when you upgrade. Okay, here’s the FAQ:

7. Is there a possibility to update / upgrade from an education version to a higher version of the software?

Yes, but not at a special education price. Updates and upgrades can be purchased at the regular price from the Steinberg online shop.
By updating / upgrading your education version you receive a regular, commercially usable full version.

Seems to apply here, but maybe Steinberg can officially confirm if this applies to Nuendo Student licenses?

Academic licenses are for the first purchase only.

Hello moonmoose,

none of the Educational products are part of the current Nuendo sale. Only the retail version and the crossgrades are discounted.

All the best,

Yes, but can Student and other Educational licenses UPGRADE or CROSSGRADE to Nuendo? For example, a student license of Cubase crossgrade to commercial license of Nuendo during this promotion? That could be covered by his question, so now it’s not clear with your response. Or a student or educator license of Nuendo upgrade to Nuendo 10 commercial when it’s released? I thought the FAQ was clear, but maybe we’re missing something?

I believe he meant to say regarding the discounted price, the corssgrage or Update might be available at the regular rates. Still I personally feel just wait till the V10 is released and then check the upgrade or crossgrade prices. As it was mentioned in the very first post that these might be the continued prices for Nuendo V10 life cycle. So if you are really not in a hurry to upgrade or crossgrade the licenses you can wait.

In the mean time you can use the 60days trial license so you can use the software & hopefully till then the V10 is officially released. :smiley:

Right, I agree, but my point was more a general policy question (and possibly not what the previous educational question was asking) of how upgrade AND crossgrade policies will affect EXISTING educational/student products… including the crossgrade FROM a student license of Cubase or an upgrade FROM a student license of Nuendo.

Anyway, I’m sure all this will be sorted out. My reading of the existing policy is that any student or educational license can be upgraded/crossgraded at the commercial prices, whatever those may be.

Apologies if it appeared I was hijacking the previous educational question. I guess I’m asking a different question out of curiosity. (I’ve already crossgraded my Cubase license and will be upgrading my other Nuendo license).

Hello,

I am still on Nuendo 7 and have been waiting to upgrade to 8, and will certainly upgrade to 10. My question is, does this mean that the cost for upgrading will come down from what it presently costs to upgrade from 7 to 8, or will that remain the same? (Or will it go up once 10 comes out?)

Thanks so much,
Ernst

Hello Ernst,

prices for all updates will be lower compared to previous versions.

Thanks,
Timo

I’m trying to update my eLicenser with the new Nuendo 10 license (I just bought Cubase Pro 10 and crossgraded to Nuendo 8, so I have Nuendo 8 installed now) but the website says I’m eligible for Cubase Pro 10…?
Since I made use of the grossgrade during the sales period, how do I upgrade my license to Nuendo 10?

You can simply go to your eLicenser and click Maintenance on the top right. It worked for me.

It worked, thank you!

Unfortunately this turns out not to be true! It would have been $250 at the time I wrote; now the upgrade from 7 is $300. I wish I had been given correct information.

I think you misunderstood what Timo was saying. To me the “gist” of your question looks like this:

“Will the cost of going from the previous version to the latest version remain the same?”.

The question looks like that because this thread is about what was the latest version at the time, v8, and you were asking about the upgrade from 7 to 8. So when Timo responded above it looks exactly like what happened: The upgrade to the latest version from the version before it is now less expensive (i.e. $200 instead of $250).

As far as I remember it’s always been the case that if you try to upgrade from a version that is older than the previous version it is more expensive. So from 8 to 10 is less expensive than from 7 to 10 - just like it was more expensive to upgrade from 6 to 8 compared to 7 to 8.

The whole point of having a grace period is to get people to upgrade sooner rather than later, and the “reward” for people that do that is that they get the next version without paying more once it’s available. From what I can see online:

7 to 8: $250
6.5 to 8: $350
6 to 8: $450

…and so on…

So I think you just misunderstood somehow.

Thanks Mattias. Exactly what I meant. Sorry Ernst if I haven’t been clear enough on that.