Rename Plug-ins

inexplicable that this hasn’t happened

+1

Like that!

+1

+1

+1

+1 Would be great to rename plugins to the function it serves.

+1
Would be nice to rename some plugins with long names and remove stuff like “_x64” from others

+1

+1

+1

+1!

if this doesn’t provide a way to change the class of a VST (i.e., move to Synths or Drums or whatever), please include that as well! I don’t mind the names so much - mine seem to be pretty clear to me, if only from familiarity - but sometimes they’re classified in the wrong sections.

you know that you can create and name folders and move the plugins into them freely, don´t you?

Yeah. But I find the mechanics of organizing the plugin lists unwieldy for me, so I want a shortcut. :slight_smile:

+1

You have to do it ONCE to your likings!

Anyway, +1 for renaming plugins!

+1

+1
In Reaper you can even rename separate instances. Great thing.

+1
Having “FabFilter Pr…” in the MixConsole for 5 different plugins is unhelpful.

So now the request evolves. Not only do we want to rename the master name, to fix the … by default. We want to rename separate instances in the mixer.

Lets hope we see this in 5 months time.

I am not against being able to rename the individual instances, but I am much more interested in the ability to have a default alias. I would definitely take the time to rename all my plugins in the Plugin Manager but I doubt I would take the time to rename specific instances all that often.

Don’t get me wrong, if it is something that Steinberg could code fairly easily, it would be a nice option to have. However, if this added functionality would hold up the development on a new default alias feature, I would have to say that renaming specific instances isn’t a top priority for me personally.

not the first thing I would like to see in Cubase, but it’s an ok idea, I’d rather want to have an opportunity move plugins to different sub-directories, is it possible?