No Sound on Startup of App

Hi,

I’m a newbie, just bought a new UR22 mkII, and downloaded Cubasis LE 2 from the app store. Opened the app in demo mode for now, and tried pressing play using the “Smear” song that comes with the app. No sound is coming out of my iPad speakers.

Volume is up, checked to make sure nothing is muted, and the mix is obviously exactly as it should be. Ipad is not connected to anything via bluetooth or AirPlay. When I open the mixer, none of the indicator bars are moving.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

The weird thing is if I go to “Instruments”, and hit the little play button to preview an instrument, the sound plays fine.

2018 iPad with iOS 12.1.4.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

When launching the app the first time you are asked if Cubasis can use the microphone.
In case, you’ve tapped no here, please change the setting in the iPad as follows:

• Pleae go to the iOS settings
  • Go to Privacy and Microphone

Here make sure to enable the Microphone for Cubasis.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

P.S.: To unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode, please simply connect your UR22mkII with the iPad…

Best,
Lars

Hello there

I’m having the same issue with my UR22c et Cubasis LE 3.
My device is well connected on the IPad (pro 2019)
I have plugged my guitar on the second channel of the UR22C and made sure to select it in the audio track parameters. But when I activate the monitoring on the track, no sound is coming from the speaker of the iPad while theUR22c is connected. And I can’t adjust the volume, neither with the physical buttons nor the fader in the control pannel. I can still record my guitar (with no sound from the speaker) but I have no choice but to disconnect the UR22C from the iPad to play and actually hear the track.

Please, am I doing anything wrong or is this a software issue ?

Regards

Marc

Hi @marco-polo3,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum.

Please check if it could be of help to install and use the dspMixFx UR app, to setup the UR device matching to your needs.

Please find more information on the dspMixFx UR website.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars