How to Configure Groove Agent with Roland TD30 Vdrum control

Well, finally here comes the answer to such hihat issues! (as I think you’ll wait for ages for Steinberg’s e-drumming fixes):

(BTW playing the GA SimonPhillips-Packs is a high end sound experience and it is absolutely worth to get GA to work with (Roland) e-drum hardware without hihat issues …)

I’ve developed a midi workaround within the hosts [Cubase , Bidule , AbletonLive]: With it you can play the variable hihat without GA processing any CC data! So this will stop any unwanted behaviour (sth. like the pedal “chick” or in other words fully closing the controller won’t mute an open sound) and sound artefacts (that occurrs or can be noticed when closing the hihat quite slowly: because the open-closed-stages are also triggered only by CC-data without any notes).

Of course you can customize “my” variable hihat and determinate the open-(or closed-)stage for any pedal positon (module’s CC input value) and/or skip stages you don’t want…

I’ll share my workaround and will give support for it via internet for a donation. So if you are interested let me know by PM.