Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Dear all,

We’re clearing the Nuendo 8 stock for the arrival of Nuendo 10 in Q2/2019!
The Spring sales offer is a great promotion to get another Nuendo license
or upgrade from Cubase at a special price.

Nuendo 10 update
Best of all: all purchases in the framework of this Sales offer quality for
a free update to Nuendo 10, later in Q2/2019. That means no extra payment
for the update, as the Grace Period has been extended to cover this Sales action.

Thanks,
Timo

Question: Since I already have Nuendo 8 (and still have Nuendo 7), can I still upgrade from Nuendo 7 for a second license at the sale upgrade price?

Thanks,

Chewy

EDIT Never mind; I see that only the full purchase requires a new dongle. Sadly, that appears to answer my question. Bummer.

Some feedback…

I don’t really understand why a company offers a “cross grade” offer within it’s own product line. The offer would be much more temping if there was an upgrade deal that didn’t require Steinberg users to nuke their copy of Cubase.

Surprisingly, there are no discounts on updating from older versions of a nuendo

question: is the price the same for switching from any version of the cubase? - elements, artist, pro?

Hi Timo, when does this sale price expire? Looks like a great chance to pick up a second license!

Outstanding question; I’d like to know that, too.

Chewy

This crossgrade offer is ony valid for the Cuabse pro version.

Thanks,
Timo

Well, technically the former license is automatically replaced by the new one. Since Nuendo incorporates all Cubase features, there
is no reason of keeping the old Cubase license. Else the crossgrade would be much more expensive.

So which Cubase Pro Versions? 10 only? or down to cubase 5?
thanks
klaus

Site says Cubase 4 or higher required

Must be obliged to indicate that only the Cubase PRO. Because theoretically the Cubase LE is also a Cubase! Otherwise, someone will throw money and will be on the court to complain to Steinberg.

I wanna make sure - all means all? Updating from older versions of a Nuendo also qualifies?

One problem is… I’m not sure I’ve read where Cubase sessions are 100% guaranteed compatible with Nuendo. Is this really the case? Any doubt of rock-solid compatibility is reason enough for any professional to want to hang on to their copy of Cubase.

Another issue is I feel the only real attraction Nuendo has for music production over Cubase is to gain access to more extensive bussing (7.1, Atmos, etc.). Am I missing something? I am not into post production for video or video game music, so I pause because Nuendo kind of feels like the wrong product for me. But I DO want to create immersive music and beds compatible with today’s soundtracks… #productconfusion

Thanks for your feedback. If it doesn’t feel right, then I recommend to stay with Cubase.

Thanks. I probably will. I really enjoy using Cubase and would only be considering Nuendo (or any other product) to gain full surround support. (C10’s support for ambisonic audio is a big step in the right direction! 9.1 bus channels next??) :wink:

Hi Timo,

Since the offer is available now, should you not provide a little more in terms of technical detail re compatibility for those looking to move from Cubase to Nuendo other than “if it doesn’t feel right”! That appears to me as woefully inadequate.

If there is no way to know at this time, then can you please say so, and provide publishable reasons. Some of us have been caught out with promises of functionality on both software and hardware in the past, that to date, never came true. Thanks

Just to be sure: If I buy Cubase 8 Pro second hand from somebody, I can upgrade that to Nuendo 8 and will get Nuendo 10 for free Q2 2019?
Also, how long wil this sale last?

I’ve bought it. Cubase 4 or higher and nuendo3.x or higher。

How long does the sale last? I have been trying to find out and don’t see that info anywhere. Thanks!