MixConsole Channel Visibility Configuration not working as intended

Hi,

This is exactly opposite mindset from Steinberg’s POs. You can have the default setup that the track is hidden and you pick the track you want to make visible (which is your mindset). Or you can have the default setup that the track is always visible and you pick the track you want to hide (which is Steinberg mindset).

I can totally understand both point of view. If I would choose only one of it, I would go for the Steinberg way. I can’t imagine to create a track, which would become hidden immediately. I can’t see all of my tracks in the Visibility list. I have too many tracks. So it might happen, I would create several tracks by accident, just because nothing wouldn’t appear after creating track. The Steinberg way also support WYSIWYG. If the default would be to hide it, you would add invisible track, so you wouldn’t see what you get (a new track).

My template project has 1.200 tracks.

Sorry, when I add a track, I want to record. Not to make a settings, assignment to the configurations and thinking about a system, just to make sure the tracks doesn’t hide immediately. No. I add a track and record, because I have a music idea.

I’m using project template(s), so the system (and management of the tracks) has been done while creating the template(s). When I add another track, first I want to make a music. Later on, if the idea is recorded, I can take care about the track management.

Sorry, for me the Steinberg way is really the only one logical.