MixConsole Channel Visibility Configuration not working as intended

Hi,

E) Have a default configuration/view that shows everything, much like it works now, but Cubase should store it as a proper configuration (possibly write protected from the user) that you can recall. All tracks are visible anyway in the left visibility zone page, so you can always find any track, even if you do something stupid like locking it out from every configuration.

I still fail to see how this can be the expected behavior. I know you’re not working for Steinberg, but perhaps you have a deeper understanding than I have. If you have time and will, can you explain how and in what scenarios this behavior would be useful? To me, this behavior defeats the very purpose of the feature. Surely you can agree that from a usability standpoint this is terrible?

Let’s say I have created four configurations:

1. Strings
    1. Brass
    1. Percussion
    1. Woodwinds

Later on I decide to add another brass instrument. Now, why would I want a brass track in my “Percussion” view, or in any of my views other than “Brass” for that matter? The intention of this feature, if we are to believe Steinberg, is to be able to organize/filter your tracks into different views so you can quickly find what you’re looking for. The only scenario in which I can see this being useful is in a large mixing project with a lot of tracks, with an absolute zero chance of ever adding a track of any kind.

2 Likes