MIDI/WAV sync issue

In the second example I gave you (on YouTube) the audio track was made up using repeats of a drum loop provided by in Cubasis. This obviously wasn’t recorded by me using a click track as it’s an audio loop.

Then I simply recorded the drum MIDI track to that audio track in real time. As I was playing to a repeated audio drum loop I didn’t need a click track for that either, the loop was effectively my click track.

It appears you haven’t repeated the test using the same conditions as I did. I did not need to use a click track. You seem to have performed the test using a click track.

To put it simply, if you use Cubasis as you would an analog multitrack tape recorder (i.e record without using a MIDI click track) MIDI tracks drift from the audio tracks over time on playback. During recording no drift is noticed.

For background. This bug was discovered when I was asked to add a MIDI drum track to a prerecorded audio track of someone singing and playing autoharp which was not recorded using a click track. I did my best playing the MIDI drum track in time to it, However the drift between MIDI drum track and audio track was noticed on playback as the song went on.

For me, Cubasis should be able to work in the same way as a multitrack tape recorder without having to rely on a MIDI click track. MIDI Tracks should stay in sync with audio tracks regardless of them being recorded to the MIDI click track.