How to Stop Cubase From Saving Projects in "Untitled" Folders

FWIW,

i would like to go a bit further on this topic since this is a core question for many years and it is something that can be optimized.

1. the reason of the question of OP is that he has no name defined in the project location on the hub (or at start) when creating a new project. The most obvious reason for this is that he has no name for it yet. Cubase does need a location for temporary storage so it creates by default and writes on hard drive a permanent location for the files. Should this be really necessary. I do not think so. You can go with a non-permanent location by default without any issue. The reason for that is fwiw in my opninion a mishap in the workflow, as i will explain in 2.

2. Once OP has made some project he saves it, and it will be written to the default location, named untitled xxx. Maybe he even wants to save it to a specific location, but he doesn’t get all his importent extra data saved on that same location with it… ! No, he needs to backup it if he wants to recreate a new location. (that can be a real hd space killer on specific conditions e.g. wavs)

3. I agree with the other members that once you finish a project you should backup things and restructure the entire set of data on a specific location.

4. But i disagree that the current workflow is optimal with the oldscool type of saving (permanently locating) things before it gets named. It should be very easy to permanently relocate the entire data set once it is getting saved and named by the user.
    Just save the entire bunch to the user specified location.

This is much more conventient and much more logic for any user.

but again, FWIW

kind regards,
R.

1 Like