NO MORE USB DONGLE !!!

I’m not using my expensive Nuendo because of the dongle system. I use Logic pro X instead. Thought of upgrading from Nuendo 7 to 8 now but then realised. Why? I will never use it. because I HATE the dongle. It sticks out from my laptop very easy to break the USB port just by accident. If I sit with it one a table and someone passes too close, it could be over. On top of that just too often there are problems with the dongle. I have to repair the license almost every time. Then I need to have an internet connection which is more than possible just too often. The dongle system makes Steinberg lose clients. I’m one of them. I always used nuendo before when I could find a working substitute version. Once upon a time you could find dongle-free versions of the software, then it was usable, but now… NO!!. Logic´s the answer. The dongle is also just too easy to loose. Can’t the e-licence be programmed into the computer instead. At least as an option. If you always use the same computer it should work. The idea of using many dongles is not that great either because then I will have to have an internet connection. Not always possible. Really!

1 Like