Colors between app and program do not sync

I’ve now checked this on three different systems, Macbook Pro/MacPro tower and Windows 10 PC tower. Resetting to factory default colors does nothing, the colors are different between the app and Nuendo 8.3.15.

Steinberg, any thoughts on this?

Here are a couple of pix from my system, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

As you can see, the colours match.

Windows-7
Nuendo 8.3.10
iPhone-5
P1050161.JPG
P1050161.JPG

here’s the other pic.

cant seem to get both pix on one post!

Do the fader colors match? Apologies, I was referring to that, don’t care if the track colors match as they’re too small to see clearly in a big session IMO. Thank you.

Hi John,

Sorry to have led you down a wrong path.

In N7 the colours at the bottom of channel strips in the MixConsole DO match the colours at the top of the channel strips in icPro.

In N8 the colours at the bottom of the channel strips in the MixConsole DO NOT match the colours at the top of the channel strips in icPro.

So it is a problem in N8.

No worries, sorry I wasn’t totally clear!

C’mon Steinberg, this is a problem!

bump

Bump.

Another month gone by. Bump.

Bump for the end of April 2019.

Bump

Oh look, another bump!

August 2019, Bump.

Sept 2019 bump.

Oct 2019 bump

December 2019 bump

Unbelievable.

Steinberg - Hello!

Haha! Glad it’s not just me that thinks this is crazy.

Of course. Surely they could get some ‘young gun’ to fix this and generally improve the app - after all it’s got to be much easier than coding an all-singing, all-dancing DAW. It would also greatly improve Steinberg’s reputation here.

No-one’s poked this for a while so I’ll have a go - half a year and still no news… The question for me is which will come first, a world free of coronavirus, or correctly-synchronised colors in iC Pro?