Proper audio engine: Gapless Audio!

Well, I think it can’t be not on the list. Ok, of course that’s my personal guess.

I don’t use one of the other mentioned DAWs so I have no idea how they manage drop outs to not happen. In my mind it’s clear that the DAW has to compensate for latency and in any case this should work properly any sort of drop out has to happen. A thing I fully understand when I insert a new plugin but not so much when I put tracks into a folder or close the DOP window. Guess there’s much room for improvements.

Been into Cubase since 2001 or 2002, so it’s a mature/‘old’ DAW by now. A lot of progress happened since then - in Cubase as well as in the tremendous power common computers offer today - while the code base was originally made with limitations in mind from digital lightyears back. ‘Younger’ DAWs may suffer less from heritage at the moment but maybe will in the not so far future. Nonetheless I’d love to see improvements in Cubase whereever possible but I expect slow transition into ‘modern times’ to be honest.

Anyway, any limitation that falls feels like a big relieve to me. Just upgraded Win 10 to 1903: happy to never see that FLS limit again :slight_smile:

1 Like