RX 7 connect does NOT work

About the conspiracy thereory…well you are closer to Steinberg than I am. Of course I don’t know if this is coincidence or planned. I just notice things.

I am not a developer - nor do I know how Steinberg chooses to implememt it’s programming interfaces with 3rd party developers. What I do notice however is that RX7 is working flawlessly on my machine with ProTools Ultimate 2018, yet it does not work at all on Nuendo 8.
I have spoken with Steinberg and mailed with iZotope, both acknowledged the problem. A solution has not been implemented.
Since dialog editing consumes about 50% of my time I chose to leave Nuendo after watching Steinberg not solving the problems I have for a considerable amount of time. That includes messing up RX7 integration but also not being able to at least display the metadata from field recorders. (if not allow workflows like conforming audio)

That’s because you are on PC and the problem is only showing on Mac.

The bottom line for me is: Steinberg has once been a company that offered outstanding 3rd party integration, it could be argued that they invented 3rd party audio software with VST and it has been a huge success story. Over the years they have become more protective of their platform, not allowing easy integration from outside (ara, decreasing eucon quality that manifests in problems with the PT app and not allowing hide channels, no proper way to transfer files to the outside world). You can search the reason for this whereever you want. Maybe it’s marketing, maybe lazyness maybe a lack of resources or knowledge. As stated in another thread. I don’t care what it is but I need a way to display field recorder metadata, integrate the auto align plugin from soundradix, a WORKING vocalign and RX and audio conform solution and a well integrated industry standard ISDN replacement.
Since Pro Tools has had a huge installed customer base in audio post for a long time now a great group of companies has been established around the software that solves problems for users. It’s a lot more expensive than the Nuendo platform, especially if you add all the elements (that need to be bought as sperate software packages), but it solves problems.

I stand by my word. If you want to play a role as an audio post daw you need to offer RX integration on the mac platform. If you don’t you might as well stop selling the product.

Oliver