LFO & other modulation sources to drive automation

Forgot to mention…
When I want to solo/mute groups of track together via single clicks (of any mixture of track type(s)), I’ll put them in a folder together real quick. If keeping multiple ‘versions’, I’ll duplicate the tracks first…

The entire folder can then be soloed/muted in one click from Project View. It’s not handy from the Mixer, but it can be assigned to a remote control rather quickly…I’m spoiled by multiple screens too, so it’s no big deal doing it from the project window.

Thank you for sharing

+1

+1

Cubase is behind in this department

+1000 YES!

I’m going nuts lacking these options. I find myself using Reaktor for this, even though I have other VST’s I’d much rather use.

+1. It is easy to realize something like LFO tools. I hope this feature can be added quick.

I just found this thread when teaching to see if cubase could do this, what a simple idea but so powerful

Sorry for chiming so late guys but did you look at Cableguys | MidiShaper and their other similar products. While you’re there take a look at their tutorial for Cubase users: Cableguys | Audio Plugins

Also interesting: How to Use the New Cubase Pro 9.5 Automation with MIDI CC | Cubase Q&A with Greg Ondo - YouTube

2 Likes

+1 for building it inside of Cubase too!

Another +1
Cubase is obsolete in that department. Limiting sound design a lot. Not to mention fact that such LFO can add life to audio tracks with very small changes going through the entire track.

But it should be more complex than just MIDI Effect: LFO with 3 basic shapes and no control of anything besides that.

GuitarRig6 has very good modulators that can be assigned to any parameter in the plugin.
If we only could have MIDI Effects like this and be able to assign it to any plugin parameter… Maybe one day

2 Likes

Another +1.

AutoLFO (nice as it is) doesn’t cut it.

I’ve owned Cubase for 20+ years now, but found myself looking for a discounted copy of Bitwig today, just for the “modulation heaven” it promises.

+1 for LFO and ENV’S to control any controllable midi parameter without hassle

I don’t know if it helps for your specific use, but you can use Retrologue’s filters can LFO, effects etc to work with any audio track in your session. Just create a new instance of Retrologue and click on the side chain button. Add the track where your source audio is in. Then set the send to the side chain to be post fader and turn down the volume of your original track.
In retrologue turn off any oscillator and up the volume of the external. You will hear audio as long as you have a MIDI note (random one) playing in Retrologues track. From that point on you’ll be able to use retrologue’s controls to affect your original track.

I hope this was clear. It’s far easier to show this kind of things than try to explain them writing.

Happy new year

Here’s some other sweet threads with LFO requests:

LFO - MIDI routing from and to every MIDI source.

LFO automation and more LFO functions in Cubase?

LFO Tracks

1 Like

+1 yes please!

It would be great if Cubase would get a LFO/Modulation tool, that is able to modulate any plugin parameter (cubase native and third party) that is automateable.
The new FX Modulator is great, but a simple LFO that can easily be assigned to plugin parameters would be a huge creativity booster and is more intuitive and faster than drawing in automation. Most other DAWs have this feature.

The header says it already. When can we expect those 2 essential features.
Honestly, they are the only ones I am willing spending money for upgrades further on.

Other DAW have those features and especially for the “MOD every paramater of every VST” is the one feature I am waiting since decades. So when finally will it be there? I am really getting impatient and find myself often browsing over features of other DAW. The mod-sources should be 100% tweakable and designable of course to get into maximum creative territory. Simple LFOs doing this would be a disappointment par excellence.

I love to see it in Cubase, I don´t want another DAW.

Thank you

This might help. You will need to install a loopback driver.

2 Likes

I would add that with same approach you can use melda MCC generator (free) and go beyond cubase’s LFO midi insert tool.

But will be nice if we would have something more integrated in future cubase :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear Bitwig is miles ahead of the game when it comes to this, and being able to modulate any knob of any plugin with any kind of modulator, whether it be LFO, MIDI-triggered envelope, or whatever else can be thought of, would be monumentally game-changing for Cubase.

I have been strongly consider jumping ship over this, actually, but I can work so fast in Cubase in other respects.

Steinberg, this would be huge. Please do consider it.

2 Likes

It’s great that a work-around exists, but that is one ugly work-around.

2 Likes