Halion-ONE

Hi

I just purchased the Synthesizers - VST Sound Instrument Set as a download from steinberg.net, thinking it would be compatible with my Cubase Elements 7 (which has Halion-sonic SE)

It seems that it is necessary to install Halion-one to use the instruments. It said that this can be installed manually from the DVD which came when I bought Cubase Elements 7. I have looked on the DVD under ‘Additional Content’ but cannot find anything.

I am a bit frustrated that I just spent £22 but have something that I cannot use.

Can you please let me know what I should do in order to get this Halion-ONE running and to use the package I paid for?

Many Thanks in anticipation of your help.

I have resolved this issue now.
I installed Halion-one using the following links supplied by Steinberg:

HALionOne 1.1 for Mac OS X
http://support.steinberg.de/downloads_software/VSTi_HALionOne/1.1.0/Mac/HALionOne_110_Mac.zip

HALionOne 1.1 for Windows
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/VSTi_HALionOne/PC/1.1.0.0/Update_HALionOne_1.1.0.0.exe

It actually still didn’t work, since the hsb (soundbanks) were put in the wrong place by the expansion pack. I had to move them to here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2

It seems to be working now with my Cubase Elements 7.

I am still surprised that Steinberg should be selling an expansion pack that only works with a synth that they no longer use themselves and which was not readily available. I will be much more cautious about buying anything from their website in future,