[SOLVED] MIDI output always sending to channel 1

Apparently, the same thing is happening in Cubase LE 9.5. This is so basic, it’s like in the top 10 essential things in a DAW since the middle ages. It certainly worked 25 years ago, COME ON!

MIDI Thru re-channelizing is on our list of future updates. Until then, there are two workarounds:

1. Enable the MIDI Thru button and configure your hardware keyboard to send on the desired MIDI channel.
  2. Use a MIDI routing app to route the MIDI signals and change their channels. MidiBridge was a good app for that, but the developer does not seem to have updated the app for iOS 11.

It’s not clear if both things are needed. I do switch my keyboard channel to match each external synth, select the corresponding track with proper channel setting, and the note always goes to the channel 1 synth. As to using an external app to fix that, I wouldn’t dream of it: I’d be too ashamed at myself for stooping that low. Cubase LE is practically free, but that’s no reason not to put this issue on the front burner! I thought I’d start with it then move up to Cubase Artist, but the least I can say is that I’m quite wary right now…

If there is a beta for Cubase LE fixing this preposterous BUG, I’ll give it a try, though. Please let me know, thanks.