VST Connect Screenshare

Thanks @musicullum! Just wanted to add a +1. Screenshare would be very helpfull for clients/colleagues.

Hello,

Yes would also be great for remote mix approval sessions for audio post. I would then share the screen with the video playback window.

Cheers,

Mike

no need for that, we also work on video playback and streaming, actually already testing. But first things first.

Also looking forward to be able to stream the video player (and ADR text I assume?).

:smiley:

I suspect that it won’t be a streaming solution - but both sides have the same video file and Performer plays it back in sync - meaning you can still have the camera etc ? Much better solution as you don’t need to worry about quality and the video can be more likely frame accurate.

Cinesync does something similar

No inside information - just guessing…and it’s what I’d do :smiley:

we plan to provide both streaming and synchronised file playback on Performer side. ADR later.
Screenshare also planned but is a different issue.

Good to hear that.

Streaming would be my preference. We want to keep the video content secure and not provide it to the talent beforehand. If a production requires multiple voices you have multiple copies floating around.

+1 here!

This is something that would add a tremendous plus-value to VST Connect. Go over projects with remote clients, making edits live with them for revision rounds, adjustments, comping/take selections, etc.

+1 +1 +1

Thank you Musi :slight_smile:

Any news…?

Screenshare/synchronus video playback.? Multiple listeners…? etc…

working on it :slight_smile:

:smiley:

+1000
That would be so awesome! Right now I am using Teamviewer but having it built in would be the bomb!

How do you use Teamviewer, Cubase with your audio interface? Can the other “viewer” listen to your mix??
Thanks

It’s a combination of VST connect and Teamviewer. I am a producer and do remote production sessions with a person that is both a vocalist, guitarist and songwriter. He starts up his own Cubase with the whole production and he activates VST Connect. I run VST Connect Performer just for communication and to play him harmony guides and so on. We also run Teamviewer which allows me to control his computer. The result is that I can work as if I was in his studio doing recording sessions.

Since it’s all done on his computer he can then continue working on the song until the next session and we don’t have to send any files back and forth.

Ahhh,ok,ok! Thanks for the explication!! I will try your solution…

Any estimate to when the screen share option will be available?

My vote is to make the option for sharing a screen on both sides (VST Connect and VST Connect Performer).

I would like to use it to teach my remote audio engineering students and seeing their screen and them seeing mine is super important. No having to use Skype would be great!

I’ve been looking into this as I do one on one sessions with clients that often want access to viewing the session. A great workaround is to use the latest OBS and enbable Virtual Cam. Set up OBS scenens as you normally would. I have options for a full screen, screen with video in lower thirds, and a full screen video. I then use the OBS Virtual Cam as my video input into VST Connect instead of a webcam or physical camera. Saves you having to transmit two streams via connect and skype simultaneously.

screenshare will be added to VST Connect in a later version. Note that it is at your own risk using other streaming or internet “intense” software along with VST Connect. It may work in many, but not all cases.

This is the one feature that would make me jump onboard. I don’t do alot of recording anymore, but I do a lot of ad prod and mixing and having an easy stable way of screensharing inside cubase with good quality audio for clients would be superb.

I’ve been using camtwist quite successfully to share my screen over VST Connect Pro sessions. It’s free. Simply launch camtwist and make a preset that chooses your desktop. Then, when you launch VST Connect Pro, go to the setup view and in the video device option, choose camtwist as your source. http://camtwiststudio.com/ **I was also beta testing mmhmm app because I’ve used it with zoom and it also works. but you have to pay for a subscription to use mmhmm. https://www.mmhmm.app/