'An Exception Occurred' issue on Cubase

Hi guys, I just purchased Neutron 2 from iZotope. It shows ‘An Exception Occurred. Save your work and restart the application. The exception was thrown because of the plug-in: Neutron2 Controller’ on Cubase 8.5 and 9.
It seems perfect installed. But does not work on Pro Tools either.
I tried to remove all the paths to the other vst and dll, reinstalled the whole iZotope products, just everything i could have thought of. But the problem remains as it has been. I have been trying for 5 hours. Couldn’t be any difference from the beginning.
I use PC win7. Do you have any suggestions for the issue?
An exception occurred 2.png
An exception occurred.png

Tried for the whole day. 1.Fixed the windows firewall for Product Portal. 2.Fixed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 to 2017. 3.Reinstalled Product Portal and Cubase.
Now it works for Ozone 8, Nectar 3, RX7 and VocalSynth 2 but not Insight 2, Neutron standard, advanced or Relay. I guess I’ll just keep struggling tomorrow.

emmm…Update as my diary.

After 3 days trying i decided to upgrade windows from 7 to 10. Then the Relay and RX7 work. But not the others.

OK…got feedback from iZotope.

‘‘our products are currently only supported in Cubase 9.5. We’re working on getting them validated in Cubase 10 as quickly as possible, so stay tuned!’’

Unfortunately I have Cubase 8.5, 9 and 10. But only not 9.5. However that does not explain why ‘An exception occurred’.
I like they have been honest though. So I dont have to wast more time but just to wait for it.

Alright, finally…solved the whole problem.

HI. How exactly did you solve the problem? I have similar issues.