GA5 Resizable WOW!

Can anyone tell me what is the usefulness of this new possibility offered in GA5 to resize this display?

No comments…

3 Likes

I Forgot the Image!

1 Like

Here are other exemples of resizable screens… :astonished:

1 Like

It can now fit lots of different screen sizes and resolutions including 4k.

Interesting. With those pics, it looks like the mixer and the pads are still scaled down to ga4 sizes.
Does anyone know if the pattern editor section is scalable or is it ga4 size still too?
It would be cool if that were more roomy.

Nice, I hope we get resizable Steinberg plugins in Cubase 10 too… :wink:

Yes It’s still scaled down to GA4 size. It would have been interesting if it had been scalable or zoomable.
And as for the motif editor, there are only fewer trips to make, less scrollable… more room, i’m not sure.

Here is the original size like GA4 and the new GA$ look.

Brace yourself for… GA 5 SE!

Thanks for uploading that. It doesn’t look too bad.

Wow, is that even considered a feature? Windows are now scalable, but the buttons stay tiny. Totally useless (for me anyway). When will Steinberg finally create a timely user interface that is intuitive to use with adequate button sizes that don’t cause us a headache? For higher resolution screens this UI is an absolute nightmare. Telling the symbols apart on the buttons is near to impossible without sticking your face into the screen.

2 Likes

Cool - so 90s - well worth the money, remind me why we are paying for new “features” that should have been part of the product 10 years ago?

(edit given the lack of scaling in some of the sub menus - like mixers - looks like the new must-have feature is half-ar5sed anyway.)

1 Like

what a joke :frowning:

1 Like

I’m worried about what this means for Cubase 10 :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

+1

If none of the [needlessly] small buttons & icons don’t resize, whats the point??

Another oversight is that in Groove Agents Mixer section for Agents, for which there are 4 pages of 4 mix channels, making the GUI larger should show more channels on a single page rather than stretch out 4 channels wide. They could easily fit 8 channels (or more) on a single page if I enlarged the GUI but no, we still have to tab through the 4 mix pages.

2 Likes

I’ve been realising GA5 has some great features and sounds my other drum programs don’t. So started getting into. Honestly the GUI is hard work. So small. Tried stretching it out only to find the important stuff doesn’t actually scale.

Such a wasted opportunity.

2 Likes

After all these years I wanted to give the Groove Agent a try. I opened it, closed it and will not use it. “Resizable” Interface is a joke. Yes, we can resize the the main window and the waveform, But that’s pretty it. The microscopic buttons, icons and fonts are not vectorized. This is when 3 or 4 K Monitors are kind of mainstream. We are in year 2023, we have AI, in Unreal Engine we have photorealistic avatars and worlds, pixel streaming and dynamic lighting, all rendered in real time. And in Steinberg VSTs we don’t have fully vectorized GUI all across their VST Instruments. The function scope of GA is overwhelming and rich. It such a wasted oportunity not to really overhaul the GUI.

1 Like

If they ever do, I’d hate for them to ruin the mixer style UI/controls. I just love its aesthetic as it is, that old analogue ‘SSL style’ chunky knobs/faders/buttons and the meters, etc… So nice to work with/look at (even though that’s purely a psychological thing…).!

I understand (and agree) your point about the general scaling/re-sizing of the UI however - about time for an update for sure.

2 Likes

Squinto Vision.

Steinberg sending us all blind.

Yea.

On a 27" UHD Display (125% Scale, macOS or Windows - I checked both) Groove Agent 5, Retrologue 2, Padshop 2, The Grand 3, etc. are as tiny as Native Instruments Massive, Absynth 5 and FM8, etc.

VERY hard to use due to how small text and controls (buttons, etc.) can be.