Windows 10: audio dropouts on multi-core CPU setups

After I found out that C10 is really nice in my first tests I am just building a new machine feat the new 9900K - with 8 cores and 16 logical cores.

Unfortunately I stepped over a bug in C10 (hitpoints are broken!!) which unfortunately needs me to wait with switching to C10.

What is the best procedure to run C9.5 (recording, editing) and C10 (mixing) on this machine?
Just switching of HT in the bios? I found that C9.5 barely use the HT-extra cores… so this might not make a huge difference … When C10 is fixed I should easily be able to switch on HT again?

In older days I had the experience that Cubase never made much use out of the extra HT cores, but the overall performance of the system was a bit snappier - maybe because Win used the extra Cores for some stuff in high-load situation.

Sorry when this is OT, maybe one can direct me to a topic dealing with 16 cores / Win10 / C9.5…?

To stay On Topic: I will do some intense testing with high load projects in C10 running 16 cores - of cores :slight_smile: I am corious :slight_smile: My current project is around 850 audio/group tracks and I need juice thats why I am upgrading…