Hide All Lanes... KeyCommand!

Working on my keyCommands and L is ‘Show lanes’. I’d Like to make ^L (shift L) ‘Hide ALL lanes’ but there is no option in the KeyCommands, unless i missed something.

I also use Ctrl L as Show Controller Lane in a midi part ^Ctrl L is Show ALL used.

I do similar with…
S: SOLO, ^S: UnSolo All
M: Mute, ^M: UnMute ALL
A: Show All Automation, ^A: Hide All Automation
P: Events to Part, ^P: Dissolve Part
G: Group, ^G: UnGroup
Plus many others

I’d love to follow the same logic for LANES but there seems to be no hide ALL function. A Makro will do if it can be done. Thank you.

1 Like

+1

+1

The same has also been requested many times for the automation. There should be separate commands to open, close the ‘accordion’ en masse.

I tried to make a Macro but it failed.

If we select multiple tracks and use a ‘Show lanes’ keycommand it will toggle the lanes of all selected tracks on or off. I tried to make a macro utilising select all but the finished result still only toggled the lanes on the current track.

+1000 Please!!! I routinely work with 12 tracks of drums with up to 10 lanes each. Show lanes/hide lanes should be available as a key command. If clicking with the selection tool shows them, there must be a way back?

Use Project Logical Editor.

Lanes Active
Enables, disables, or toggles the lanes active status.

PLE once again to the rescue!!!

Now if the close all automation wouldn´t close folders too

Yeah… That close folders is a little annoying.

+1

Appreciate the reply but that’s a PIA. You get MIDI lanes opening. Toggle is not close all lanes. Come on Steinberg.

Yeah, we just need close all Lanes as a Key Command choice AND for Close all Automation to not close folders too.

+1
This would be a critical function for anyone who does multi-track comping.
We do have a function to show all the selected lanes (in a folder track) at once, but no way to hide them all at once.
This should have been a function included long time ago.

Has this been solved in 10/10.5 yet?

+1

+1

I felt the inclination to respond to this in case I could further clarify what was being pointed to here. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe an effective solution to this problem was presented by Accel0001 and it seems to have been overlooked.

The solution works for me as follows:

1. Open Project Logical Editor

UPPER HALF OF PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR WINDOW:
  2. Under the “Filter Target” column, select “Container Type is”
  3. Under the “Condition” column, select “Equal”
  4. Under the “Parameter 1” column, select “Track”

LOWER HALF OF PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR WINDOW:
  5. Under the “Action Target” column, select “Track Operation”
  6. Under the “Operation” column, select “Lanes Active”
  7. Under the “Parameter 1” column, select “Disable”

BOTTOM OF PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR WINDOW:
  8. Set the “Function” dropdown option to “Transform”
  9. Open lanes on a few tracks and click the “Apply” button in PLE to test and ensure it’s working as intended

TOP OF PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR WINDOW:
  10. Click the small “+” button and give it a name such as “Close All Lanes” and click “OK”
  11. Now this newly created Project Logical Editor preset will be available in the key commands under the name you gave it under “Process Project Logical Editor”
1 Like

This works great! Thanks!
Suggested Update to Only Open and Close the Selected Track Lanes instead of opening or closing all lanes.
After top section number 4: Upper Half of Project Logical Editor.
Click on the plus sign to add another line of condition.
5. Under ‘Filter Target’ - Select ‘Property’
6. Under ‘Condition’ - Select ‘Property Is Set’
7. Under ‘Parameter 1’ - Select ‘Event Is Selected’
Also if instead of ‘Disable’ on Line 7 by OP, Select ‘Toggle’ Then the same Preset will open and close only the selected track lanes.
Save as previous

Because when you work on selection of right take from lanes, you work only on one track. It means that you finished working on other track and their lanes. So when you finish selecting (mute, unmute necessary) lane, you close them with Key Command or menu command. So you always have all lanes closed. It means if you are working with this tool right how it is designed, you don’t need a feature that closes all opened lanes on all tracks. Just do it in right way!

Yes, it works. But as Project Logical Editor is designed you can do many tasks not included in menu or key commands. Asking for feature request while this is possible to achieve with logical editor, is more than strange. We have really warm features that are needed to implement.

Promising indeed. But I’m stuck in the Logical Editor. I can’t find a way back to the Setup page. It always opens in the editor so I cannot save as a Preset. Very frustrating.

Update: Click on the * Empty Preset to save. GUI needs work but thank you render and aricastudio