Bug: MIDI export does not include pitch bend data

Hello Music Studio Team,

while exporting a project as a MIDI file pitch bend data unfortunately will be ignored. I cannot really imagine that this behavior is intended. I’m using the Android version of Music Studio 2.1.2 and hope you can fix this issue.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Marc,
Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention!
We can reproduce it, pitch-bend data seems to be omitted when exporting a project to a MIDI file on Android.
We’ll resolve this bug in a future update.

Hello Steinberg Team,

I know the development of Music Studio for Android version will take much longer (probably a year and more). So I would really appreciate, if you could fix this issue in the old codebase, so users are able to export MIDI files correctly to use them e. g. with Cubase. Exactly this is the reason, why I would like to export MIDI files from Music Studio. Until now MID files are the only way to use Music Studio together with Cubase, because Cubase does not support XMS files directly. Therefore I need MIDI files with correct pitch bend information. I really hope, you can help.

Cheers,
Marc

Hello Marc,
We will make sure to have your feature request added to the list.
While future updates are planned, we have no data available yet on when these will become available.
However there is a good chance it will take a while until being ready. Sorry that we can’t be any more specific at this time!

Hello again,

Both options - fixing this bug in Music Studio and adding Music Studio support to Cubase - would be great benefits. Too bad, that you don’t know more yet, when this can be done. Nevertheless, thank you very much for answering and adding my suggestion to your list.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Marc