Key Commands: Let us assign the Mouse Wheel Up/Down with Modifiers everywhere

+1 For Mouse Wheel modifier in the key command editor. That would be a great solution that everyone can live with.

Yay!!! KHS is in the house!!! Thank you again for your tips & tricks :slight_smile:

Anyone else interested to see this happen in v9.5.x?

+1 for being able to change mouse scroll key binds and modifiers.

Did you know that scroll modifiers for same things in Cubase are different on Mac and Windows. This is not even a question of they key names but their physical placement. For example in windows version of Cubase you zoom in horizontally by holding control and scrolling with the mouse. The same thing on Mac requires holding command, which resides where the windows keyboard has its ALT button. Did I mention that the scroll directions are reversed? They are, and I’ts not reversed for every thing, just for half of things, which means that going to macos settings and changing scroll direction wont help one bit.

This annoys me very much as I work on both platforms.

It would also be useful if it could be mapped to QC/AI!

I don’t get this - i have almost all of these functions working in Cubase by default !!?
I can’t remember to have programmed any of these specifically…i can use it that way for horizontal scrolling (+Shift),zooming (Ctrl), of course vertical scrolling without modifier and change values while hovering over it.
I am using short cuts excessively, and therefore also got a keypad (Razer Nostromo) with yet another mousewheel, that i use to nudge events left and right, can highly recommend that as it leaves almost no wishes open.
Another tip for mouse customization is the app X-Mouse Button Control.

Yes, please put an option to change mouse scroll key binds and modifiers. Thank you in advance!

It would be nice to have a mouse with three wheels. Now we have a wheel as a button and used very often, but also have two buttons (LeftMouse & RightMouse) without a wheels. Why? If your middle finger can do this specific job - rolling and pushing, then why this feature isn’t added for two more fingers? Maybe fourth too? :slight_smile:

In this case we could have almost a half of traditional 8-slider controller standard.

Just an idea :wink: Who will invent? Logitec, I call you!

Sorry for this offtopic.

Hello, here is one solution i found:

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/index.html

It lets you cutomize your mouse exactly as @Zacchino is offering or whatever other combination you can think of that involves mouse clicking, wheel + shift, alt, cmd buttons.

Also you can save presets for each application independently so the predefined mouse asignments don’t interfere with other applications. It switches the presets depending on active application you are working in.

It has 30 day trial which let me test out all the details and works perfectly, no lag, no errors. Full version costs only 20 usd which i think is nothing compared to what you gain.

This one is for mac only but surely there must be something similar for windows too.

+1 Id love to use the mouse wheel as a shuttle/jog wheel

Is this possible now? I know you can go down to PTD and can scroll but can use use a modifier to JOG ?

+1 Still nothing in Cubase 10.5 already

Please let us assign the scrollwheel up & down to relevant actions
For example: Shift+WheelUp and Shift+WheelDown are a common user interface action to scroll the view left and right.
VideoReDo is the only application I use that allows me to specify which direction to scroll and it’s been a nightmare of fighting muscle memory when using video editing, samplers, Audacity, Cubase, other DAWS which use different Shift+Scroll directions.
Please… give us the ability to set a common user experience.
This isn’t even a request for a feature that may or not be useful, it’s essential workflow configuration. When working professionally you want consistent input interface.

+1 The fact that this still isn’t an option is so strange.

Reaper has this option and it is so logical.

+1

+1 +1 +1 +1

+1, would be still really useful

Massive +1 in 2024.

I have to be honest, this seems like a workflow essential for me. Considering I would like to keep both hands as stationary and effective as possible, I don’t want to move my hand off the mouse when I don’t need to.

The mouse wheel provides a huge opportunity on one of the most high-bandwidth tasks we have of navigating the timeline.

1 Like

Right? I’m switching from FL Studio and would love to have the same modifiers set up for Cubase