Key Commands Overview as HTML Page

That that is all it does?

The xml file you submit only has info about the assigned keys, it doesn’t know anything about unassigned keys. The OP is reformatting the xml into something more human readable.

I was thinking about that too.

If allowing to save as CVT, as comma separated file we could load in Excel or similar spread sheet and enjoy sorting on any column.
Even Google has a service for spread sheet I used a short while, for those not having a spread sheet.

Thanks to fese for his effort with this, really looked for that fixing a list of the commands.

Check this out: Adding written notes to tracks - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Thank you!

Thanks… Really Really useful.

Much appreciated, Thank u!

Hi all,
I added the option to converting the KeyCommands.xml to CSV, including unassigned commands. You’ll have to copy and paste it from the browser windows, though, “save as…” won’t work.
See the first post for the download address.

You do understand that this is not a feature request, but a completed effort by a forum member…

Sorry, I was in another topic (in another tab), responding to something else. Turns out I was posting here!

Good idea. Thank you

These are great utilities. thanks

What would be really great as well is if you could go the other way.

Generic remotes are a pain to set up if you have a lot of repetitive commands, and you need to enter each one. If you could work in say excel and then transform into an xml file to import that would be a real timesaver.

You probably already can but my skills are not that great with respect to xml.

It is certainly doable, but you’d probably have to do a lot of error checking or the import won’t work.
Personally I have no need for that, but what you could probably do is start in Cubase, then export the config to XML and load it into some editor with syntax highlighing (e.g. Notepadd++). with a little bit of copy+paste and search+replace you might be actually faster than clicking. The XML of that file format is relatively self-explanatory if you have a look at the UI once in a while. Maybe send the resulting file to an online XML validator to be sure you didn’t insert any syntax errors…

Thank you!

Just to keep resources together, here are a couple other options for default key commands (no user changes):

Thanks! Just what I was looking for… :sunglasses:

Brilliant! Thank you

Am I the only one having problems with the Key Commands.xml file?

This html file works perfectly to show what’s in the xml file, but that isn’t the same thing as Cubase show in the Key Command window.

Example:
In the html “Show/Hide Infoview” and “Show/Hide Overview” are shown as belonging to “Editors” but Cubase shows them in “Window Zones”.
In the html “Quantize” is shown as belonging to “MIDI” but Cubase shows them in “Quantize Category”.

I’m writing a program that is dependent on showing this in the right place, does anyone know why Cubase store things differently in “Key Commands.xml” than what is shown in the Key Commands window?

Weird! I don’t even find “Show/Hide Infoview” in the Key Command Windows, just "“Show/Hide Infoline”, which in turn doesn’t exist in the .xml.
Never noticed that.
So it seems that they somehow transform the file for use in the window (which is likely because the .xml is only english and for the other languages you’ll get the translated command names in the Key Commands Window).

This is pretty cool, thanks. Just curious, are you modifying the CSS in your own file to fit all commands on a single page?

Thanks a lot for creating this!

When I use this utility on Mac OS, it seems to be missing some of the key commands I have set. It seems when a command has more than one key command then the command is missing from the report. Not something that needs to change but it is something that you need to be aware of. Maybe someday, Cubase will have a Key Command export feature to a comma delimited file. Ok, I’m dreaming…