New unsupported Midex 3/8 drivers available

… then the next question becomes, will Steinberg please leave LTB support intact in future sequencer versions?

After all, if LTB support made it into the x64 versions of Cubase/Nuendo, even though until now there existed no hardware driver it could have used, was it because somebody simply forgot to remove the code? How hard can it be to continue to “forget”? :wink:

Many thanks for releasing this driver, whether supported or not. I’ve now tested both Midex 3 and Midex 8 with superb results using Cubase 6 x64 on Windows 7. I notice that OS X drivers have also been developed so there has been considerable effort made here by somebody and it has been delivered for free.

This, I think, deserves a round of applause … unfortunately there’s no emoticon for that on the new forum so …

Ssh, don’t mention it, it might give them ideas :wink:

Mine just came in, it’s even prettier than on the pictures :mrgreen:
Works fantastic, standalone mode is a blessing and something simple like the LED intensity adjustment takes it so much higher. On my previous midi interface I couldn’t properly see midi input from my keyboard on the LED because it would flicker blue all the time. I can filter that out perfectly now!

The miracle finally happened, and i was soooo close to selling it and thinking I’d have to buy a different one!.

The all important question though, how stable is it under win7 64bit, and whats the timing like for both recording and playing back notes?.

It’s funny I’ve had a win 7 install disc sitting on my shelf for ages, looks like I can finally think about making the jump from XP. :laughing:

Stability has been flawless although I haven’t really stressed it yet. Didn’t measure any timing but it sounds fine :wink:

Well, I’ve gotta post here because I’m stunned!!

Certainly I’m pleased that I held off selling the unit - last Christmas I was looking at the MOTU unit but I didn’t buy because it was too much pain to part with the cash while I had a serviceable unit, if only on XP.

On the other hand, it’s a massive u-turn. That’s not good for customer relations… But it is good for world land fills, well done!

Mike.

P.S. Today I got an email from MOTU saying they’re drivers support legacy OSs and drivers for all, including many legacy, systems have just been updated… Seems they’re all at it!

Thanks Steinberg.

Glad I kept my old midex8 (even though I got the motu because my midi controller is at the heart of my setup).
The LTB was the reason I got it at the first place (and sold the AMT for that).

Hallo,
vielleich kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen ?

Ich habe mir in Midex 8 besorgt und den (nicht supporteten) neuen Midex Treiber 1.964 runtergeladen, aber er läßt sich nicht auf meinem PC mit Windows 7 32Bit installieren, sondern dem Hinweis nach anscheinend nur mit der 64bit Version von W7 verwenden.
Laut Angabe soll es sich doch um einen 32 und 64 bit Treiber für Windows 7/Vista handeln ?

Was aber merkwürdg ist - der alte Treiber 1.903, der angeblich nicht mehr mit Windows 7 funktionieren soll, läßt sich installieren (32bit) und funktioniert auch. ! ???

FUNKTIONIERT die alte Version 1.903 auch bei jemand anderem unter W7 32bit ?

Bekomme im Gerätemanager im Treiber angezeigt

Midex Version
Driver: 1.9.0.3 Firmware 1.3

Gibt es jemanden, der den neuen Treiber 1.9.64 unter W7 32bit installiert hat?

Was ist eigentlich die letzte Firmware-Version des Midex?
Gibt es irgendwo eine Versions History der Firmware oder nur die der Treiber-Versionen ?
Es muß wohl mal eine Hardware-Revision ab der Serien-Nummer 336306504 gegeben haben.
Habe wohl noch eines aus der ersten Baureihe.
Ist die Firmware 1.3 die aktuellste Version ?

Kann mir vielleicht jemand weiterhelfen? Wäre sehr nett !

Viele Grüße

Hallo Marsi,
das Problem war immer, das es keine 64 bit Treiber gab ( oder geben würde ).
Das der alte 32 bit Treiber auf 32bit Windows Versionen weiterhin funktioniert, ist durchaus möglich.

Der Treiber sollte eigentlich auch die entsprechende Firmware installieren.
Es kann aber sein das dieser Teil nicht mehr funktioniert.
Was aber kein Problem sein muss …

Einfach mal ein paar Tests machen:
16tel Noten bei hohem Tempo ( 200+) - läuft das längere Zeit stabil und gleichmäßig ?
Eine MIDI Spur mehrfach kopieren und gleichzeitig abspielen - hört man nur ‘Phasing’ ist alles OK.
Ein aufwendiges Projekt mit vielen MIDI Spuren über Nacht im Kreis laufen lassen. - Läuft es am nächsten Morgen noch ?
Den Latenz Tester runterladen und ausführen ( Link irgendwo weiter oben )

Wenn alles funktioniert, kann man wohl davon ausgehen, dass das Midex voll einsatzfähig ist.

Tschau, Jan

Hallo Jan,

danke für deine schnelle Antwort !

War deshalb darüber verwundert weil ich im Netz und im hier im Forum keine klare Aussage darüber gefunden habe, daß das Midex 8 unter Win 7 32 bit mit dem alten 1.903 Treiber läuft.
Das hat doch sicherlich schon mal jemand seit Erscheinen von W7 versucht.
Man findet mehr Informationen über das Emagic AMT8 in Kombination mit W7.
Dieses läuft mit seinem alten 32 bit Treiber nicht unter W7/32.

Zusätzlich hat Steinberg den Link zum neuen 1.964 Treiber auf der Download-Page mit “Midex8 32/64bit” bezeichnet, aber die Treiber-Datei “Midex8_Vista_Win7_x64_driver” benannt.

Hat noch jemand das Midex 8 mit dem alten Treiber 1.903 unter Windows 7 32bit Version stabil am Laufen ?

Gruß Marsi

:open_mouth: *** I’m so pleased*** :smiley: I was literally on the verge of buying a MOTU or ESI interface to relpace my grand old Midex 8. For some strange reason I was looking at the Steinberg site and saw a little reference to discontinued gear ?
I could not believe my eyes ! it would seem that very serious efforts in customer care and support and starting to have an impact.

Thankyou Steinberg - in particular those who managed to convince the team that this was a good move !

Hello. I recently installed windows 7 (32-bit) so I can run Cubase 6. Like others I am glad to hear that drivers for the midex has been released for windows 7 (I have the midex 3). However, when I extracted the files and double-clicked the “InstallMidex3”, I get the window: “The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer system information to see whether you need an x(86)32-bit or x64(64-bit) version of the program”. Am I installing it the wrong way? If someone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

On 32 bit OSs, the old drivers can ( and must ) be used.

JAn

Thanks for replying. Where can I find the old drivers? They work with windows 7 32 bit?

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/Hardware/Midex_8/Pc/

Thank you very much!

Hello, I have Windows 7 (32 bit). I just installed the old midex 3 drivers from the archives directory (I tried them all) and still no luck. Is there anyone else out there running midex 3 on windows 7 32 bit? Can you give some suggestions? Thanks!

OK I think you have to differentiate between Midex 3 and Midex 8, and also between 32-bit and 64-bit. The 64-bit drivers recently released work with the Midex 8 on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista. Although I have both a Midex 3 and Midex 8, I haven’t tested the Midex 3 on Windows 7 32-bit. I do have a Windows 7 32-bit machine and I’ll try to get the Midex 3 working on it and report back.

I have a Midex 8 and have not been able to use the new drivers (on 32 bit win 7) as it looks as though they are for 64bit only.looking in the archive I can see other drivers but am not at all clear as to what is what.I am pretty annoyed with Steinberg as the new drivers clearly have 32/64 bit and win7 on the driver description.But it does look as though they are 64 bit only which desont really make sense.Does anyone have a way to get Midex 8 working in 32 bit Win 7?

Yep, Marsi ( posted in german on page 2 )
He uses the old 32 bit driver V. 1.903.

Jan