Iconica Key switching articulation

The same limitation occurs for a lot of Kontakt libraries too (e.g. Session Horns) & the standard way of dealing with that is to use a second instance of the instrument on midi channel 2. Put all the leftover articulations on this and set the Expression Map so it changes the MIDI Channel to 2 for those articulations.

I do have a hard time imagining when I’d want to use all the articulations in a single piece.

The main reason I see for wanting to have all the articulations visible at once is that it allows you to have access to any of the articulations if you want without having to worry about having a map that includes that articulation.

But I think Iconica turns that all on its head because it lets us import the Expression Map directly from Halion (similar to how Drum Maps work). So now we can add articulations on an as needed basis into slots and end up using maps that only show the articulations you are actually using.

I’m still downloading my trial copy. But 2 key things I want to test are:

1. If I change an articulation in a slot will an already imported map auto update to reflect this change (drum maps do).
  2. If I use two instances of Iconica in Halion on channels 1 & 2, will the imported map show articulations from both instances.

Are Dorico & Cubase Expression Maps the same?