Music Studio 2.10 available

Hi all,

We are very happy to announce the immediate availability of Music Studio 2.10 and Music Studio Lite 2.10 for iOS!

The update, version 2.10 adds new user-requested features such as Files app support, alongside addressing several maintenance topics.

What’s New in Music Studio 2.10 for iOS
• iOS 11 Files app support enables you to create and manage custom folders
• Files app import now allows for multiple file selection
• Lite version: CoreMIDI I/O support added to connect to MIDI hardware and apps
• Setup option “Continuous playhead movement” is now on by default
• Audiobus SDK updated to v3.0.4
• Fixed the misaligned in-app shop interface on iPhone X
• Fixed a bug where touches on the screen edges were ignored

Download Music Studio on the App Store

Download Music Studio Lite on the App Store

Please support us by rating Music Studio in the App Store!

Best,
Music Studio Support

I own MusicStudio version 2.9 (including 60 add-on-instruments) and that version is running on my ipad 3th generation.
Recently I bought a new ipad (6th generation) and was restoring all my purchased apps.

MusicStudio, which is one of my favorites did restore well (full version) and it was updated to version 2.10
However the 60 add-on instruments didn’t restore, trying to restore them gave an error message: “there was nothing to restore on this account”
The 60 add-on instruments can only be restored through the In app purchase “60 instruments Bundle”.

My question is: In version 2.9 the 60 Instruments were part of the full version and in version 2.10 the 60 instruments are removed from the full version and are only available through in app purchase of the 60 instruments-bundle; is that correct ??
My second question is whether it is possible to download version 2.9 on my new ipad ??

Thanks for this beautifull app by the way !!
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your feedback!

I replied to your question regarding the IAP issue here no IAP restore after restoring Musicstudio (full version) on new iPAD - Mobile apps - Steinberg Forums and just sent you a private message to resolve this issue.

My question is: In version 2.9 the 60 Instruments were part of the full version and in version 2.10 the 60 instruments are removed from the full version and are only available through in app purchase of the 60 instruments-bundle; is that correct ??

No, the 60 all-in-one instrument IAP (in-app purchase) is available, it remains unchanged.
For some reason, restoring the IAP didn’t work on your new device.
We tested this functionality and it worked on all our testing devices, so it may be a server or account issue.

My second question is whether it is possible to download version 2.9 on my new ipad ??

No, unfortunately Apple doesn’t provide developers with the option to offer previous versions of an app.

Excuse me guys, i had to update my iphone 7 plus and now when i execute music studio the screen is kind of screwed up, i can only play the piano, but nothing else, i don’t know what the problem is with the screen but please send an update to fix this problem! i have a lot of saves projects i would like to finish!

Dear all,
Will there be an update of Music Studio for iOS? Please let us all know if we spent the money in vain.

Thanks and rock on!

Can someone please suggest what other app to use for recording …it’s seems music studio isn’t trying to fix the problem or even respond to all of the post about the problem…I need to record …please any info on. Another good app to use

Nothing to see here.
was going to suggest a bundle offer for a Cubasis upgrade, then remembered Cubasis isn’t iphone friendly

Yes ! Finally i can edit and record more music in my studio. Thank you steinberg!

Does it fix the problem on IPhone Plus? I am getting sick of this laziness or ignorance. I should call the BBB.

Please can you provide us with a fix for iOS, this is getting ridiculous that so many people are commenting on having paid for this App that is now unusable.

When are you going to fix the music studio app? For MONTHS I have not been able to use it because I can’t select a choice because they are untouchable. I paid good money for this app PLUS I bought the extra instruments. I have a 6 plus iPhone and that is where your app stinks. I am thinking of reporting this to the BBB.
Don’t you have any intelligent programmers to fix this? If this is not fixed SOON I will report this useless app and give you a terrible review. You should be ashamed.

How do I use this update. I tried it but nothing changed.

Great, you say it works for IOS but what about my IPhone 6s Plus. Tell your programmers, if you have any, to get off there butts and fix this Music Studio plus instrument bundle of which I Purchased and it wasn’t cheap. I am going to report you to the BBB if it is not fixed NOW !!!

We have been patient and waiting for months for you to solve the problem. You don’t seem to care about us who paid money and spent an enormous amount of hours creating music. Now everything is gone? No, this is not ok.

Hello can somebody help me please? I installed the new iOS 13.3 update on my iPhone and now for some reason my Music Studo App is unusable on my iPhone X I’m really shocked as I used this app almost daily for years and now it doesn’t work can this be fixed please???

Is it a case i have to wait for Apple to make new iOS software or the creator can update it for the new software.

I have now what it looks like wasted over £10 on this app and I would like a response at least thank you

Loving the app. Keep the work up guys

Would you please tell me why Music Studio isn’t working and when you’ll have it fixed?
It only opens to a drum pad screen. I can play drums, but no other buttons work. The transport window is in the middle of the screen. I’ve got a lot of my music saved on the app and I don’t want to lose it!
I’m glad I transferred some midi files so I can at least recreate the songs on NanoStudio 2.0, which works perfectly well.
Please reply! Vielen Dank!
Jason

Yes!!! I want to know if and when there’s an update coming!
Thank you.