Unify the Event Display (preferences) in Nuendo and Cubase

It really has nothing to do with post-production, but is simply personal preference. Pro Tools is the standard for post and you can always see what you’ve selected extremely clearly and also where you’ve cut no matter what color you’ve chosen on it. I do post-production as a part of a lot of my work. I’ve had more than a few comments fro post-production pros I work with who are on PT of “How can you SEE that?” when they’ve been at my studio. We need the preferences/option to be able to always see every selection of any event and any cut for how we work.

So let’s all just stop saying that it’s better for post-production. Sometimes some/many of us can’t see selected events with it as it is, so a choice needs to be available without a single doubt. Some people who have used Nuendo (mostly post-production up until now, perhaps) are used to it and/or like it, which does not translate into meaning it’s better for post.

Please note that I’m not attacking you at all with this! I just want everyone to stop saying that, because it’s simply not true – again, it’s just a personal preference.