Soft eLicenser issues possible fix

Did you made an update of your BIOS/UEFI or a Windows update and got in trouble with you licences??
I though it could be useful to share with you about how to fix it (from tech support):

This error is usually due to Windows 10 major updates - it can also be due to moving the Soft-eLicenser file from another machine or a hardware change, but I don’t think this is the case here, correct?

It is usually solved this way:

– Open the eLicenser Control Center with right-click → Run as admministrator
– Once the eLC panel opens, please click on Maintenance

Once completed, the Soft-eLicenser should be repaired and working properly.

Should this also fail, you can use the eLC Installation Helper:
http://support.steinberg.de/elc/win/elc-installation-helper.exe

Please note that this will delete the Soft-eLicenser and the license contained there, generating a new empty Soft-eLicenser with a different number.
With the new Soft-eLicenser, you can reactivate the Basic FX Suite using the reactivate procedure:

However, this is generally not needed.

This was very useful and it worked. Thank you!

Thx for the info.

I bought Cubase 9.5 pro yesterday and when I entered the activation code nothing happened. I do use windows 10, maybe this process will work?

Got it running? Try the latest eLicenser control. USB can be a nuisance too; check drivers and switch off power management in Device manager/USB Serial etc/properties. F

Yesterday morning i order 9.5 PRO , stil cant work and same problem with the code:oops: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

USb perfet working with my Cubase 6 EDU

code i have receive by mail 32 digit for Cubase Pro 9.5 Upgrade from Cubase Artist 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 7.5 / 8 / 8.5 / 9 maybe I should not have bought it having EDU version but I ask before official reseller and the store did not say anything in checout

For the EDU version it seems you need a permitted teachers registration from Steinberg to get the license rolling, you might want a proper code as teacher. You could try to upgrade, but i think Steinberg does not up- or crossgrade edu versions. I have a full retail legit unused PRO 9.5 for sale, not activated even. and some 30% cheaper than standard price. Bought for a second computer in another location, but i changed plans. PM me if you’re interested. If your EDU version the store might take it back if not activated, once so you’re stuck with it; on eBay bought versions might have buyers warranty if you can claim or prove you were mis-informed or not answered properly by the seller F

Thanks
i think about if i receive my cash back;)

I just do not understand why it’s so hard to write this on the line before buying or paying , f :blush: ucking freaks. And their support is silent for 10 hours

Steinberg support it sometimes quite slow, unless you’d PM a supporter via this forum directly, don’t mention the f word lol BTW … But licensing problems are usually done via sales IMO, could be even by the AskNet company. F

before buying, I asked them about UPDATE18 offer. who knew what had to be asked about compatibility, and I doubt that he knows what it is

Please check with Steinberg Support EU about whether your Cubase 6 Education version can use the currently discounted 40% offer. Please use the email address of > info@steinberg.de > to confirm whether you can purchase your selected upgrade for you Cubase 6 Education version.

Regards,

Scott
asknet Customer Service

in same day I also call an official steinberg reseller in my country he replied I have no problems, you EDU version will cease to be edu after purchases :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

UPDATE
may is help to another owner of edu version

Thank you for contacting Steinberg support!
You have purchased the wrong upgrade. You have ordered an Upgrade from Cubase Artist but you do not own a Cubase Artist licence.
It is not possible to charge already paid money with a new purchase.

I have initiated the refund.
Our shop partners at Asknet will get in touch with you within the next 48 hours.

The available update for your Cubase 6 licence is the following:
Cubase Pro 9.5 Update from Cubase 4 / 5 / 6 / 6.5 €299.00
Products — Music Software & Audio Hardware | Steinberg

Asknet so what was the problem for example to add in the title for users of EDU to Cubase 4 / 5 / 6 / 6.5

I do not blame anyone, I myself hurried though asked a million people before buying ,apparently a CD Artist 6 in my steinberg box made me choose what I chose

This was very useful. Thank you so much!

In order to not experience this hardrive footprint issue which can happen with a Windows Update, repair or just a reinstall I have moved my license from my hardrive to my usb stick. Now if the stick should fail I guess you can retrieve to a new stick with the eLicenser information you sent in the database.
I still use my dongle from SX3!

Hello guys. I just bought cubase 9.5 and the usb elicenser will not arrive for some time. Is it possible to run the program without the usb elicenser? if so how? its not letting me. thank you

Nope. Soft eLicenser is not available for the full version of Cubase.

Worked for me! Immediately after the Windows 10 October 2018 update, I saw message from Cubase that my elicenser hardware had changed. Running “maintenance” in elicenser control center resolved the error, as described.

@vendiminion yes i learned only recently that i can drag a license from the soft elicenser to the usb dongle. This is useful. However I understand that, once you have done it, you can’t move it back.

Indeed, it seems as you said that you can’t move it back to the drive, at least by draging it. May be there is another way to do it, in case you would like to ?? Good point

I have already registered my licence for Cubase 9.5 Pro on Windows 8, 64 bit system. When I start the programme it says No Valid license found. The programme will quit now. I did ran the maintenance at elicenser Control Centre.
When I re entered the activation code, it is not accepting as it has already use it to generate the license.
Grateful if you can help to solve the issue.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hello!
I have problems with Cubase 10.5 update.
I am using 9.0 version. eLicenser Control Center shows 9.5
Purchased Cubase Pro 10.5 update from Cubase Pro 7 / 7.5 / 8 / 8.5 / 9 with activation code.
Entered activation code to eLCC and its not working, look at the picture.
So I need to buy other newer eLicenser USB key or what?

This worked for me after I turned off my VPN. (I’m in China) so if you use a VPN turn it off for maintenance to work.