Help: Lost Cursor in Project Window

Nope. MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM NOW. The issue turned out to be F***king Microsoft doing an upgrade on my PC! :angry: I did the update yesterday BEFORE I INSTALLED 8.2 JUST TO BE SURE I WOULDN’T RUN INTO ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS! Everything was supposedly all set. I did an easy install of 8.2 and got to work.

As noted on the 8.2 release page, I noted that this installation knocked out my CR monitor setup for N7. I replaced it and continued to work in 8.2. I thought the cursor was still very sensitive and went back to N7 today. Then the cursor problems started. I limped through my session, saved the file and decided to TRY 8.2. It crashed upon opening. So now I know something is up with the OS. So I rebooted. THAT’S when Microsoft tells me it “finishing” its update process, grrrrrr!

Okay, all finished now? I launch 8.2 and it gives that dreaded elicense software error! I’ve got the latest version (May 2018). I ran maintenance and only 5 out of 6 tasks passed. The license that is matched to my PC is now disabled. This happened once before about a year ago. So I start the procedure to reactivate the license. I go to My Steinberg account and it won’t let me log in!! Now I’m wasting more time getting a new password just to access my account.

I get in and tell it to reactivate the license (that doesn’t require reactivation) and it tells me there’s no license to reactivate even though the disabled license number is right there in the list! Neeless to say, I am positively apoplectic right now! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: