Groove Agent 4 Missing Kits, Patterns & General Mess

Hi Folks,

A rare visit here for help because I can usually work out any problems by trial & error.

Over the years I have purchased some extra sounds for GA 4 but I still find it overcomplicated to access all the drum sounds. I think it is because some of the content is on different drives. The whole thing could do with a sort out.

The problem is within’ the ‘Load’ window - in the ‘Browser’ section I often get a red ‘unavailable’ icon. My workaround is to move to the ‘Media Browser’ - From there I can usually access the files I’m after.

What I cannot work out is where Groove Agent looks for the ‘content’! I have tried using shortcuts to direct GA to the right files but I’m doing something wrong. Is there a tutorial I have missed somewhere?

If I go to… C/ Users/ My computer/Appdata/ Roaming/ Steinberg/ Content … I have folders ‘VST Sound’ and 'Groove Agent/VST Sound. Both have content. However I also have content on at least 2 other drives. I’m reluctant to move anything in case I muck up the files for Cubase, hence using shortcuts.

I would be so grateful if some kind soul could at least point me in the right direction. (I’m 64 this year but I think the old grey matter is still working!!)

Best wishes

Jeff