UPDATING THE OLD OP SYSTEMS ON PMAC G4 867MHz FOR NUENDO 2.2

I think other questions than tecnique must be boarded on this forum : aesthetics and ways of virtual music. here in Brazil 12 tones system and serialism were hardly attacked since the 70ies (20th cent). The new music day after day becomes weak here … torcuato di tela institute in Argentina was closed by ongania regimen,1970 . militar dictatorship dismissed in 1975 teachers of that kind of music in Brasilia university and imposed the traditional model: orchestra with acoustic instruments, only . Latin-american courses of contemporary music , initiated in 1971 (Uruguay ) , finished in 1989 . The effect seen today is the electronic and virtual music being out of erudite metier. the spaces are occupied only by acoustic instruments … me and others consider ourselves as outsiders and we aren’t dj’s , sound engineers or programmers … The space of electronic and virtual music is in popular music…only . Humm…made by people who don’t think about music ,and music isn’t only a target of market… the success on hit parades… Music can do many other things… A brazilian teacher , jorge antunes (1942 -) , during a concert in Belgium (years 1970) provoked a riot inside the auditorium : " this isn’t music " , said the listeners .I saw similar reactions in erudite concerts in Brazil as well… Many people don’t admit other musical instruments than the acoustic traditional in erudite metier : cello, violin etc… " 19th century and before ’ music ,only " . " no innovation, please " . And the reactions are sometimes violent… The n-american john cage (1912-92) , 4’33" ( the musicians stay in silence on stage during that time period ) , was a much brave musician and esthete ( erudite counter culture, see also : sound/vacuum ) , but he lived in other epoch . So the spaces for aesthetics discussions and ways of virtual music , 2018 and beyond , must be created…Do you like luciano berio (1925-2003) ? I do. I heard his music in cerro del toro, 1971.
but what does musical erudite metier mean ? it’s the deep study of materials , forms and structures used in music. during 400 years musicians did and explored the tonal system till its possible limits ( for the epoch ), reached at the end of 19th centu by r wagner (1813-83) and others. maybe today happens a kind of neglect by the erudite metier about the new electronic and virtual " materials “. it’s easy to classify erudite music as the ‘classic’ only (before 19th century & beginning of 20th) …instead the search for new musical 'things ',much elaborated , outside the common heard in commercial medias …
about erudite metier ,musical archeology ; I met in 1989 in mendes- rio de janeiro a guatemalan musician,igor de gandarias(1953-), who used a digital sample of an old native instrument to recreate the music of the group . It was,i think , an invaluable help to that native musical culture, which can go ahead with electronic and (maybe) virtual resources ( brazilian natives -prior 1492- do now their own videos, and had since some decades ago their own writing ,as today quechua writing which didn’t existe before europeans arrival ). Electronic and virtual musical resources can expand ,as well , the creativity inside quilombos ,locals where live, since the end of slavery (1888 in Brazil),black persons much poor , but exceptionally sensible to music and dance , on our days excessively limited (except during the carnival) to popular global patterns as hip hop and rap . Good for our ears and eyes , isn’t it reader ? Cumbia,for instance , was born in urban black colombian guetos,today can be heard in all Spanish America. If you go to Peru don’t lose the sunday inca fair in Pisac (near Cusco).The magic is in the air… I cured mine disease there (3000 mts height), vertigo no more , and little by little my pineal is coming back. Humm…we cannot hear the voices of humans who lived 10 thousand years from today. is it impossible ? maybe … The voice timbre of your grand grand grand mother was stored only in the brain of her descendants … _ " hey child , get yourself far from this horse …”

• a good book : introducción a la música de nuestro tiempo , by juan carlos paz ,published in Buenos Aires,1968 ( 50 years ago ).