iC Pro Instruction video on Stienberg site completely incorrect for Windows 10 users, no idea how to proceed

Not sure if this helps, but as long as they are connected to the same router, they are on the same network. Nothing more complicated than that which is why they didn’t go into more detail. So, either both wirelessly or, in my case, the PC via a lan cable.

Make sure you have installed the Ski remote software and Apple Bonjour - this is what allows the PC to connect to IC Pro

If you have iTunes installed, you already have Bonjour.

And that is it. You don’t need anything else. Start cubase, load a project, then fire up IC Pro. It will see your computer automatically and list it by name. If it doesn’t just load, hit on the computer name to load it.

Just for your interest:

When you start Cubase, go to Studio > Studio Setup. Erm, that might be cubase 9 - I can’t remember what the menu heading is on 8, but it is the box you use for setting up midi ports, audio interface, and all that rubbish.

Under Remote you will see the Ski remote. You don’t have to do anything with it, but you can add a password if you want - honestly, don’t bother. I just point it out so you know it is there!

By the way, do make sure you are running the recent version of IOS 11 and IC Pro - There were problems with IOS 10.