Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, podcasts e.g.)

Hi Steve, Definitely not trying to be argumentative with you – just pointing out the scenarios where a ripple edit MODE would be greatly appreciated and the workaround would not work well for anything complex. Nothing personal at all about that. As I mentioned at the beginning of my post, I thanked you and mentioned your post was helpful. Later in the post I indicate that I appreciated your kind suggestion. There was no sarcasm there, and I genuinely meant those words, and appreciate your help. Apologies if anything came across sarcastic. Certainly wasn’t intended.

And YES, I do believe that your workaround is indeed useful for a subset of scenarios. Of course! Even for me – I personally have used a similar workaround for years when the task I have to do doesn’t merit jumping out of Cubase to Reaper, doing the ripple editing there, exporting stems, then coming back into Cubase and importing the stems. So I definitely appreciate what you’re saying.

I hope you also know there are good folks on this forum who don’t argue for argument’s sake, but are simply having a constructive discussion, so there are zero negative feelings on my side, hope the same for you. If anything, we are on the same side actually.

As for the saying “no good deed goes unpunished” I know what you mean, this forum has been toxic at times, but my response was not that kind of response. Hope we’re on the same page about this.