syncrosoft usb driver unsinged, wont install on win 7 home

i have an old, pofficial steinberg cubase sl3 dvd,and syncrosoft usb security key (now apparently known as an e-liscence something or other.
i recently installed it on a new laptop with windows 7 home edition (sucks).
everything installed smoothly (cubase) but for the driver for,mi presume,the syncrosoft usb dongle,which says windows, is “not signed”.

i tried re-installing the syncrosoft software from the DVD, and re-inserting the usb dongle,but to no avail.

now i have a useless pile of £300 DVD.
the installation log for the dongle goes:
File Copy: C:\Windows\INF\SynasUSB.pnf
RegDB Key: Syncrosoft.LCC
RegDB Val:
RegDB Root: 0
RegDB Key: Syncrosoft.LCC\DefaultIcon
RegDB Val: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\LCC\LCC.exe,0
RegDB Old: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\LCC\LCC.exe,0
RegDB Key: Syncrosoft.LCC\shell\open\command
RegDB Val: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\LCC\LCC.exe” “%1”
RegDB Old: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\LCC\LCC.exe” “%1”
RegDB Key: .lcc
RegDB Val: Syncrosoft.LCC
RegDB Old: Syncrosoft.LCC
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\UNWISE.EXE
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Syncrosoft’s License Control
RegDB Val: Syncrosoft’s License Control
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Root: 2
RegDB Old: Syncrosoft’s License Control
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Syncrosoft’s License Control
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~2\SYNCRO~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\SYNCRO~1\INSTALL.LOG
RegDB Name: UninstallString
RegDB Old: C:\PROGRA~2\SYNCRO~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\SYNCRO~1\INSTALL.LOG
Made Dir: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\Documentation
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\License Control Center.lnk
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\License Download.lnk
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\Documentation\License Control Center Help.lnk
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\Documentation\License Download Quick Start.lnk
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft\Documentation\Release Notes.lnk
Non-System File:
File Copy: C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\PosDllErrorlog.txt
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\POS\synsopos.soj
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft\POS\PosErrorLog.txt
Non-System File: C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\SynsoAcc.dll
Non-System File:
File Tree: C:\Windows\C:\Users\paul\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Lcc
Made Dir: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Syncrosoft
Title: Syncrosoft’s License Control
RegDB Val: support@syncrosoft.com
RegDB Name: HelpLink
RegDB Old: support@syncrosoft.com
RegDB Val: Syncrosoft Hard- Und Software GmbH
RegDB Name: Publisher
RegDB Old: Syncrosoft Hard- und Software GmbH
RegDB Val: http://www.syncrosoft.com
RegDB Name: URLInfoAbout
RegDB Old: support@syncrosoft.com
User Rights: Admin

i dont know if that is any help?

further. the FIRST time i used the dongle (around 2004) the casing broke off completely, and i was expected to pay for a new one. VERY shoddy. very shoddy indeed.
and now it wont even install (although the device luckily,of itself STILL works. i know this for i have otherwise been using it since around 2005)

my problem may be exasperated by the fact i have never officially registered my disc due to the orignal DVD folder being lost (stolen actually by a person known to me in ayr, scotland- name can be provided if it will help- around 2005) and steinberg could or would not help me resolve this.
now my cubase is further handicapped by the above syncrosoft issue in that it looks though i’ll never be able to use my stuidio ever again, let alone be able to find any liscnced updates that may or may not exist.

is there ANY HELP available, please? i need desperately to begin a new project, and cannot.

thank you, womble-dung

You have to d/l the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center to install it on Win7, at least I had to.

this i do understand (thanks however).
what my question is, i suppose, is once making sure i download EXACTLY the right thing, and once downloaded, how do i ensure i dont do anything that ruins my ability to use my old copy of cubase sl3?
proper instructions would be very helpful for everybody in the future.

1. Uninstall elicenser software

2. Download latest version:
    http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

3. Install

Do not install the old version from your original DVD. Install only Cubase.