Key Commands: Let us assign the Mouse Wheel Up/Down with Modifiers everywhere

+1 for mouse wheel modifiers

1. Well I’m neither am I (and I used Cubase since v5.5)
  2. If you look carefully, you’ll realize Cubase has inspired itself from other DAWs in the past MANY times, and that’s what it’s still doing (Ableton Live’s “Lower Zone” and Window Management in Cubase 9.0 / 9.5…). So I believe this is not a show-stopper for Steinberg’s developers.
  3. FL Studio was a pattern-based software, not not loop-based.
  4. The ultimate loop-based DAW was Acid Pro.
  5. By the way, Acid Pro is the DAW that came up with these 3 concepts that are now in Cubase (and Sonar):
  • The In-Line Midi Editing
  • Smart Grid
  • And the MediaBa
    (So, not bad for a “toy” right? No seriously I just wanted to show you how inspiring and fresh it can be to see what’s going on in other DAWs, Steinberg Developers clearly do).

Cannot support anything that could lead to accidental nudging or changes if mouse cursor is at the wrong place, specially in the key editor where there are notes all over the place.

I agree, this can be cumbersome.
But that’s where “options / settings” come into place.
Let the Steinberg Devs integrate it wisely, with legacy users in mind, I’m sure they’ll make it flawlessly for everyone.

For the slip audio, I’m against because when you do this a lot and are doing it fast, it’s like ALT+CLICK to cut then CTRL+ALT+DRAG to slip then SHIFT+MW to scroll.

Those are amazing shortcuts (and thank you so much for bringing them up here, now I’m using them everyday).

I agree 100%. And you’ve seen I just asked for only 3 Feature Requests, because all the thousands of other Features of Cubase fits me perfectly.
As I said I really don’t want to mangle current user’s workflow at all, and would gladly have my own custom setup for these MW shortcuts.

What would you think if Cubase just let us add the Mouse Wheel in the Key Command options? That way I’ll be able to setup all these shortcuts myself, without the need for Cubase to impose them to everyone.

If I can do it, I will just create my own Keyboard Commands profile. Nudging and Slippin and Zooming with the Mouse Wheel, just the way I like.

PS: By the way keep in mind 1/3rd of these Modifiers Shortcut don’t come from FL Studio, but also from Acid Pro, Live, Photoshop, After Effect, etc.

Steve, so can you +1 for Mouse Wheel modifiers in the Key Command editor? So that people can use the MW the way they want (without imposing those modifiers I’ve compiled from other DAWs/Design Softwares, right out of the box)?

+1 For Mouse Wheel modifier in the key command editor. That would be a great solution that everyone can live with.

Yay!!! KHS is in the house!!! Thank you again for your tips & tricks :slight_smile:

Anyone else interested to see this happen in v9.5.x?

+1 for being able to change mouse scroll key binds and modifiers.

Did you know that scroll modifiers for same things in Cubase are different on Mac and Windows. This is not even a question of they key names but their physical placement. For example in windows version of Cubase you zoom in horizontally by holding control and scrolling with the mouse. The same thing on Mac requires holding command, which resides where the windows keyboard has its ALT button. Did I mention that the scroll directions are reversed? They are, and I’ts not reversed for every thing, just for half of things, which means that going to macos settings and changing scroll direction wont help one bit.

This annoys me very much as I work on both platforms.

It would also be useful if it could be mapped to QC/AI!

I don’t get this - i have almost all of these functions working in Cubase by default !!?
I can’t remember to have programmed any of these specifically…i can use it that way for horizontal scrolling (+Shift),zooming (Ctrl), of course vertical scrolling without modifier and change values while hovering over it.
I am using short cuts excessively, and therefore also got a keypad (Razer Nostromo) with yet another mousewheel, that i use to nudge events left and right, can highly recommend that as it leaves almost no wishes open.
Another tip for mouse customization is the app X-Mouse Button Control.

Yes, please put an option to change mouse scroll key binds and modifiers. Thank you in advance!

It would be nice to have a mouse with three wheels. Now we have a wheel as a button and used very often, but also have two buttons (LeftMouse & RightMouse) without a wheels. Why? If your middle finger can do this specific job - rolling and pushing, then why this feature isn’t added for two more fingers? Maybe fourth too? :slight_smile:

In this case we could have almost a half of traditional 8-slider controller standard.

Just an idea :wink: Who will invent? Logitec, I call you!

Sorry for this offtopic.

Hello, here is one solution i found:

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/index.html

It lets you cutomize your mouse exactly as @Zacchino is offering or whatever other combination you can think of that involves mouse clicking, wheel + shift, alt, cmd buttons.

Also you can save presets for each application independently so the predefined mouse asignments don’t interfere with other applications. It switches the presets depending on active application you are working in.

It has 30 day trial which let me test out all the details and works perfectly, no lag, no errors. Full version costs only 20 usd which i think is nothing compared to what you gain.

This one is for mac only but surely there must be something similar for windows too.

+1 Id love to use the mouse wheel as a shuttle/jog wheel

Is this possible now? I know you can go down to PTD and can scroll but can use use a modifier to JOG ?

+1 Still nothing in Cubase 10.5 already

Please let us assign the scrollwheel up & down to relevant actions
For example: Shift+WheelUp and Shift+WheelDown are a common user interface action to scroll the view left and right.
VideoReDo is the only application I use that allows me to specify which direction to scroll and it’s been a nightmare of fighting muscle memory when using video editing, samplers, Audacity, Cubase, other DAWS which use different Shift+Scroll directions.
Please… give us the ability to set a common user experience.
This isn’t even a request for a feature that may or not be useful, it’s essential workflow configuration. When working professionally you want consistent input interface.

+1 The fact that this still isn’t an option is so strange.

Reaper has this option and it is so logical.

+1