"The VST audio connections are not valid."

Hi Philippe,

My system (Win7 and Scope - Creamware soundcard) has worked fine with wavelab for the last few years. Only recently this error message has appeared, and no way to re-assign soundcard in preferences - as wavelab will crash. Cubase still works fine, and there’s been no software updates for the soundcard over the last five years.

Thanks,

peter

My system (Win7 and Scope - Creamware soundcard) has worked fine with wavelab for the last few years. Only recently this error message has appeared, and no way to re-assign soundcard in preferences - as wavelab will crash. Cubase still works fine, and there’s been no software updates for the soundcard over the last five years.

Erase this folder:
C:\Users[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9.5\Presets\VST Audio Connections

Can you start WaveLab now?

HI Philippe,

Thanks so much - this worked! So grateful. Can you let me know what the issue was - I’m not very computer savvy.

Kind regards,

Peter.

This folder contains a file called “.last” which contains the current settings to use for the audio connection settings. For some reason, these current settings caused your problem. By deleting this automatically-saved file, you restart from scratch.
Various setting types are using the same method.

Thanks very much Philippe.

THANKS!
I got the “The VST audio connections are not valid.” after a Win 10 auto-update. Grrr.
But it works again, thank you so much!

Hi all !
I just installed Wavelab 8.5 today and i have it connected to a Scarlett 18i20 interface. Under VST audio connections under “Playback” it comes up with the surround channels. How do i route those to my headphones? on the dropdown menu it shows no headphone port. On the scarlett mix control it says the headphone 1 is on Line 7 and 8 however in Wavelab when i use the left/right device output to 7/8 it tells me.

“The VST audio connections are not valid. Check the VST Audio Connections dialog.”

Iv tried about every method i can think of trying to get this to work. It works on all my other software like plug in play. never had an issue until wavelab and steinbergs support is not exactly stellar. if anyone has experience with this I could use the help.

wow, all of the discussions made really good addition to this tread.

Hi.

Im having the exact same issue WL 9.0.20 and OSX 10.12.6

Cant seem to find the file you are talking about to delete.

Running metric halo LIO 8

Hi I am having the same issue in OSX?

What is the solution

Cant seem to find the file you are talking about to delete.

You need to make invisible Finder files visible. There are utilities to do so on the Mac.

hi there -

I’ve suddenly started getting a similar message: “The audio connections are not valid. Check the Audio Connections dialog”

I check the Audio Connections field and everything seems OK. I’ve been switching between built-in audio and a Steinberg USB audio interface for a while, with no problems until today. What should I do?

WL Pro 9.5.15
OSX 10.12.6

Hi.

Can you please clarify how to find the file to delete with OSX. im not having much luck and making files visible doesn’t seem to be working unless im doing it wrong. Ive tried re installing and nothing?

Please give me a step by step solution to finding the file to delete.

Thanks

You must erase this (hidden) file:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 9.5/Presets/VST Audio Connections/.last

I’ve gone to this VST Audio Connections folder and there’s nothing there. I can see hidden files in other locations, but this folder is empty, and a search of the hard drive for any file of that name comes up with nothing. What should I do now?

Erase the folder itself, to make sure.
I assume your preferences are like this:
2018-03-01_11-15-22.png

That worked - many thanks!

Presumably everything will be fine in future with the folder erased?

The folder will be recreated when you open the audio connection dialog. But that should not be a problem.

I installed a Focusrite Clarett 8USB and Wavelab 8.5 keeps telling me that the VST connections are not valid. So I can’t play any audio in Wavelab. Also, when I switch to Built In audio, there is nothing coming out of the output of my Mac.

I tried removing the VST connections Folder in the Preferences/Wavelab 8.5/Presets folder, but that doesn’t help. Any ideas?

Fixed! Wavelab 8.5 is not officially supported by OS 10.12 and up. You need to install the latest version (8.5.30) and apply the CoreAudio2ASIO patch. That fixed it for me.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/wavelab_85.html