in IC pro w Elements 9.5 get pre-roll to punch in record

Thanks for figuring it out, Chris. In IC pro, NOR in Elements 9.5 on computer do I see a pre-roll icon to activate nor the place “next to it” to enter the pre-roll amount - I’m starting w 4 seconds until I’m adept at doing it smoothly. (Evidently, where things were placed in earlier versions has been changed in 9.5). Explanation: in 9.5 left locator pt is above the tracks in the ribbon. So where do I activate “punch in” ? In lower transport there is a punch in button. It appears there is a way to “show” more buttons and the pre-roll distance is to be set there, but I don’t know how to “reveal” those additional buttons and what place to set pre-roll.

Then I’ve found no icon or button to activate pre-roll (so I can hear what is recorded up to punch in spot) so that record will begin at left locator spot. So far I have to play to punchin spot and then punch record at the moment when I must begin speaking/reading text. It’s not working automatically- so there’s something I’m not getting set.

I’ll try to go through your steps and see if more is revealed by doing so. Thanks, again.