Key Commands: Let us assign the Mouse Wheel Up/Down with Modifiers everywhere

Hello @KHS,

Thanks for your thorough comments, I really appreciated it!
Alright let’s get down to business.

ALT+MW: “you can just make the key command for that yourself”
There’s no way in Cubase to create a Key Command with the Mouse Wheel. Keys & Modifiers are the only things you can assign.

Midi Note Nudge / Velocity, Clip Nudge / Slip: “Will just lead to accidental nudging or velocity change”
I understand your fear, but for years on FL Studio, users had no trouble paying attention of what their pointer is hovering (and thus, what the MW is controlling).

CTRL+ALT+DRAG = Slip Audio: Shouldn’t be changed
I never talked about changing the current habits, God forbid. I’m always talking about adding a new or secondary way.

“Why don’t you just edit the key commands to your own liking?”
Again, Key Commands are for Keys / Modifiers only. If there was a way to assign MW + Modifiers, I wouldn’t be posting this FR.
If Cubase takes my FR into account, and integrates those Shortcuts, I’d be delighted. If they decide to integrate the MW + Modifiers in the Key Command Preferences, I’d be very happy as well.

“Don’t expect that.”
I’m no snowflake, but I don’t settle on pessimism. Remember: I’m not asking to change current Cubaser’s habits, I’m asking for an Addendum. Just like when I FR’ed Steinberg for the Smart Zoom 2 years ago (added in 9.5, seems to work out just fine for everyone) (post: Smart Grid - Cubase - Steinberg Forums).

1 Like